- London events
- > London events today
Need some inspiration for 25th September? The world’s first blood transfusion took place on this day in 1818, so why not visit some of London’s medical museums? Learn about Florence Nightingale, see where Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin, or visit a 19th-century operating theatre.
Music, comedy & film
Show all music, comedy Here are some music concerts, comedy gigs and films in London tonight
• Soho Theatre Andy Parsons will be chairing his monthly meeting with the 'Slacktivist Action Group' alongside MP Norman Lamb.
Show all theatre Here are some theatre plays and West End musicals in London this evening
to • Queen’s Theatre "Les Miserables" is an epic tale of passion and destruction, set against the backdrop of the French Revolution.
Family & Kid’s events
Show all kid’s events Today’s events for families and children that make great days out in London
to • London Film Museum "Bond in Motion" is a huge collection of original cars, bikes and boats used during filming in the 007 James Bond movies.
Art & Museums
Show all exhibitions Here are some art and museum exhibitions taking place in London today
to • Royal Academy of Arts 'Something Resembling Truth' is an exhibition of works by Jasper Johns, collecting together 150 works from the last 60 years.
Royal & Religious
Show royal, religious Here are some Royal and religious events taking place today in London
• St. Paul’s Cathedral If you attend a choral Evensong service at St. Paul's Cathedral, you can wander around and see part of the Cathedral for free.
Political & Military
Show all political, military Here are some political events and military parades you can visit today
to • Noël Coward Theatre Martin Freeman and Sarah Lancashire will be starring in James Graham's sharp new political play, 'Labour of Love'.
Show all tours There are lots of guided walks and sightseeing tours taking place today
• Original Bus Tour The Original Tour is one of London's most popular sightseeing buses, and it's also a great way to travel around the capital.
Spend your evening watching an opera, ballet or listening to classical music
• Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium.
Show all free events Here are some good events that you can do for free in London today
to • Guildhall Art Gallery The skull of a Roman gladiator will be returning to the amphitheatre where he lost his life, in the basement of the Guildhall Art Gallery.
Other London events
Show other events Here are some things to see and do if you’re visiting London today
• The City If weaving your way in and out of the busy traffic on a hire bike sounds like fun, then how about hiring a "Boris Bike"? • Globe Theatre Have a tour of William Shakespeare's Globe Theatre on Bankside, and learn what life was like for the 16th-century playwright. • Docklands Light Railway (DLR) The driverless Docklands Light Railway lets you to sit right at the front of the train, giving you a fantastic view of the track.