- London events
- > London events in December
- > London events on 6th December
Music, comedy & film
See all music, comedy All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Wednesday 6th December
• Leicester Square Theatre Matt Forde's Political Party Podcast Christmas Special will combine some topical stand-up with a big political interview. • Olivier Theatre 'Little Britain' star Matt Lucas will be talking about his memoir 'Little Me' at the National Theatre, followed by a book signing.
See all theatre shows Go and watch a play on Wednesday 6 December, or one of London’s musicals
to • Hampstead Theatre 'Cell Mates' tells the story of a double agent's escape from Wormwood Scrubs, and the problems he has trusting his fellow escapee. to • Peacock Theatre Fly through the sky with the magical snowman, as the much-loved children's book "The Snowman" comes to the Peacock.
Family & Kid’s events
See all kid’s events Take your kids to London on the 6 December for one of these family events
to • Royal Botanic Gardens Kew Garden's Christmas trail includes a fairground, a tunnel of lights, scented fire garden and a million sparkling lights. to • Lyric Hammersmith You'll find Jack and his magic beans at the Lyric, climbing up his beanstalk into the clouds where the giant lives.
Art & Museums
See all exhibitions Visit an art gallery or museum on Wednesday 6th December and see an exhibition
to • Tate Modern The Tate Modern will be exploring the career of Amedeo Modigliani, through a comprehensive survey of his works.
to • Tate Modern The 'Red Star Over Russia' exhibition at the Tate Modern will explore the visual art of the early Soviet Union, up until 1953.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 6 December?
to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace has some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana. • St. Paul’s Cathedral This guided walk will show you some of Sir Christopher Wren's finest City churches, rebuilt after the Great Fire of London.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here are some on the 6 December
• Houses of Parliament You can watch the Prime Minister get grilled by the House of Commons every Wednesday, at Prime Minister's Questions. • Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Wednesday 6th December
• The City This guided walk will take you around some of the streets and locations that Charles Dickens used within his novels. • The City This walk will take you around the City, showing you the Guildhall, Mansion House, Bank of England, and Royal Exchange.
See all classical music How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• Barbican Hall The BBC Symphony Orchestra will be performing three classical pieces by Sibelius at Barbican Hall. • Royal Albert Hall John Rutter's Christmas Celebration concert is one of the most popular Christmas carol concerts at the Royal Albert Hall.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 6 December
to • Serpentine Gallery The Serpentine Gallery will be putting on an exhibition of work by Wade Guyton, called 'Das New Yorker Atelier, Abridged'. to • Museum of Childhood 'A Lifetime in Stories' will explore the work of Michael 'War Horse' Morpurgo, one of the Britain's best-loved authors.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Wednesday 6th December
• O2 Arena Climb up The O2's roof and enjoy a spectacular 360 degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top. • Wellington Arch The balconies on Wellington Arch have views of Constitution Hill, Apsley House and part of Buckingham Palace's gardens. • Fortnum & Mason Put on your best clothes and enjoy an elegant Afternoon Tea in the famous Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason.