- London events
- > London events in December
- > London events on 12th December
Music, comedy & film
See all music, comedy All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Tuesday 12th December
to • O2 Arena Queen and Adam Lambert are back on tour and playing two nights at the O2 Arena in December. to • Museum of Comedy Michael McIntyre will be doing some 'work in progress' shows at the Museum of Comedy in preparation for a new tour.
See all theatre shows Go and watch a play on Tuesday 12 December, or one of London’s musicals
to • London Palladium The London Palladium's Christmas panto is 'Dick Whittington', starring Charlie Stemp, Julian Clary, Elaine Paige and Diversity. to • Hampstead Theatre 'Cell Mates' tells the story of a double agent's escape from Wormwood Scrubs, and the problems he has trusting his fellow escapee.
Family & Kid’s events
See all kid’s events Take your kids to London on the 12 December for one of these family events
to • Lyric Hammersmith You'll find Jack and his magic beans at the Lyric, climbing up his beanstalk into the clouds where the giant lives. to • Hackney Empire Enjoy a traditional Christmas panto at the Hackney Empire, and see if Cinderella can find her Prince Charming.
Art & Museums
See all exhibitions Visit an art gallery or museum on Tuesday 12th December and see an exhibition
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy. to • Tate Modern The Tate Modern will be exploring the career of Amedeo Modigliani, through a comprehensive survey of his works.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 12 December?
to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace has some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana. • Somerset House The "Old Palaces Tour" at Somerset House will teach you a little bit about three of England's Stuart Dynasty queens.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here are some on the 12 December
to • Tate Modern The 'Red Star Over Russia' exhibition at the Tate Modern will explore the visual art of the early Soviet Union, up until 1953. • Mansion House Have a look inside Mansion House, the official residence of the Lord Mayor of London, and see inside the Egyptian Hall.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Tuesday 12th December
• Jack The Ripper Tour Walk the streets of Whitechapel and try and discover the identity of the Victorian murderer Jack the Ripper - if you dare! • BrakeAway Bike Tours Forget the sightseeing buses and jump on your bike... and see the major sights and landmarks of London from your saddle.
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 12 December
to • Serpentine Gallery The Serpentine Gallery will be putting on an exhibition of work by Wade Guyton, called 'Das New Yorker Atelier, Abridged'. to • Museum of Childhood 'A Lifetime in Stories' will explore the work of Michael 'War Horse' Morpurgo, one of the Britain's best-loved authors.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Tuesday 12th December
• O2 Arena Climb up The O2's roof and enjoy a spectacular 360 degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top. • Wellington Arch The balconies on Wellington Arch have views of Constitution Hill, Apsley House and part of Buckingham Palace's gardens. • Fortnum & Mason Put on your best clothes and enjoy an elegant Afternoon Tea in the famous Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason.