- London events
- > London events in December
- > London events on 3rd December
Music, comedy & film
See all music, comedy All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Sunday 3rd December
to • Prince Charles Cinema Disney's animated classic 'Frozen' is coming to the Prince Charles Cinema, in a special sing-a-long version for kids. to • Leicester Square Theatre South Africa's number one comic Nik Rabinowitz is coming to London for a few nights, to celebrate turning forty.
See all theatre shows Go and watch a play on Sunday 3 December, or one of London’s musicals
to • Peacock Theatre Fly through the sky with the magical snowman, as the much-loved children's book "The Snowman" comes to the Peacock. to • Lyric Hammersmith You'll find Jack and his magic beans at the Lyric, climbing up his beanstalk into the clouds where the giant lives.
Family & Kid’s events
See all kid’s events Take your kids to London on the 3 December for one of these family events
to • Royal Botanic Gardens Kew Garden's Christmas trail includes a fairground, a tunnel of lights, scented fire garden and a million sparkling lights. to • Piccadilly Theatre One of the world's favourite family musicals, Annie, is back in the West End for a run at the Piccadilly Theatre.
Art & Museums
See all exhibitions Visit an art gallery or museum on Sunday 3rd December and see an exhibition
to • Tate Modern The Tate Modern will be exploring the career of Amedeo Modigliani, through a comprehensive survey of his works.
to • Tate Modern The 'Red Star Over Russia' exhibition at the Tate Modern will explore the visual art of the early Soviet Union, up until 1953.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 3 December?
to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace has some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana. • Westminster Cathedral Westminster Cathedral's campanile is one of the city's best viewing platforms, rising 210 feet over the streets of Victoria.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here are some on the 3 December
• Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass. • Horse Guards The Dismounting Ceremony (or 4 O'Clock Parade) is a short ceremony that takes place every day at the Horse Guards.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Sunday 3rd December
• The City This walk will take you around the City, showing you the Guildhall, Mansion House, Bank of England, and Royal Exchange. • Jack The Ripper Tour Walk the streets of Whitechapel and try and discover the identity of the Victorian murderer Jack the Ripper - if you dare!
See all classical music How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• Barbican Hall Join the London Symphony Chorus and LSO Community Choir for an evening of Christmas classics at Barbican Hall. • Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 3 December
to • Serpentine Gallery The Serpentine Gallery will be putting on an exhibition of work by Wade Guyton, called 'Das New Yorker Atelier, Abridged'. to • Museum of Childhood 'A Lifetime in Stories' will explore the work of Michael 'War Horse' Morpurgo, one of the Britain's best-loved authors.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Sunday 3rd December
to • Royal Albert Hall See some of the biggest names in tennis history compete at the Champions Tennis tournament at the Royal Albert Hall. • Albert Memorial Go inside the railings and learn about the Albert Memorial, one of Victorian London's finest, and most guilded monuments. • Spencer House Spencer House is one of the finest 18th-century town houses in London, and opens up for a guided tour every Sunday.