- London events
- > London events in December
- > London events on 24th December
Music, comedy & film
See all music, comedy All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Sunday 24th December
• BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK. • Harry Potter Studio Tour Explore the magical world of Harry Potter at Warner Bros Studios, and see some of the props and sets from the movies.
See all theatre shows Watch a play on 24th Dec, Christmas Eve, or one of London’s musicals
to • Eventim Apollo Tom Fletcher's children's book 'The Christmasaurus' has been turned into a fun musical show, starring Santa Claus himself! to • Shaw Theatre Jack and his magic beans are coming to the Shaw Theatre this year, to put on a traditional Christmas panto.
Family & Kid’s events
See all family, kids Take your kids to London on the 24 December for one of these family events
to • O2 Arena The Disney on Ice Passport To Adventure will re-live all your favourite scenes from all your favourite Disney movies. to • Royal Botanic Gardens Kew Garden's Christmas trail includes a fairground, a tunnel of lights, scented fire garden and a million sparkling lights.
Art & Museums
See all art, museums Visit an art gallery or museum on Sunday 24th December and see an exhibition
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy. to • Tate Modern The Tate Modern will be exploring the career of Amedeo Modigliani, through a comprehensive survey of his works.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 24 December?
to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace has some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana. • Westminster Cathedral Westminster Cathedral's campanile is one of the city's best viewing platforms, rising 210 feet over the streets of Victoria.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 24 December
to • Tate Modern The 'Red Star Over Russia' exhibition at the Tate Modern will explore the visual art of the early Soviet Union, up until 1953. • Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Sunday 24th December
• BrakeAway Bike Tours Forget the sightseeing buses and jump on your bike... and see the major sights and landmarks of London from your saddle. • See London by Night The 'See London By Night' bus tour will show you London's most famous landmarks beautifully lit up in the night sky.
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 24 December
to • Museum of Childhood 'A Lifetime in Stories' will explore the work of Michael 'War Horse' Morpurgo, one of the Britain's best-loved authors. to • Museum of Childhood Peer into the lives of east Londoners to see how buildings have documented the changes in taste and the passage of time.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Sunday 24th December
• Spencer House Spencer House is one of the finest 18th-century town houses in London, and opens up for a guided tour every Sunday. • Wellington Arch The balconies on Wellington Arch have views of Constitution Hill, Apsley House and part of Buckingham Palace's gardens. • Fortnum & Mason Put on your best clothes and enjoy an elegant Afternoon Tea in the famous Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason.