- London events
- > London events in December
- > London events on 30th December
Music, comedy & film
See all music, comedy All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Saturday 30th December
• BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK. • Harry Potter Studio Tour Explore the magical world of Harry Potter at Warner Bros Studios, and see some of the props and sets from the movies.
See all theatre shows Watch a play on Saturday 30 December, or one of London’s musicals
• SSE Arena Wembley Bradley Walsh and Martin Kemp will be starring in Peter Pan alongside Tinkerbell, Tiger Lily and Captain Hook. to • Theatre Royal Haymarket Step back in time and see Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis performing at the legendary Sands Hotel in Las Vegas.
Family & Kid’s events
See all family, kids Take your kids to London on the 30 December for one of these family events
• O2 Arena The Disney on Ice Passport To Adventure will re-live all your favourite scenes from all your favourite Disney movies. • Shaw Theatre Jack and his magic beans are coming to the Shaw Theatre this year, to put on a traditional Christmas panto.
Art & Museums
See all art, museums Visit an art gallery or museum on Saturday 30th December and see an exhibition
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy. to • Tate Modern The Tate Modern will be exploring the career of Amedeo Modigliani, through a comprehensive survey of his works.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 30 December?
to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace has some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana. • Westminster Cathedral Westminster Cathedral's campanile is one of the city's best viewing platforms, rising 210 feet over the streets of Victoria.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 30 December
to • Tate Modern The 'Red Star Over Russia' exhibition at the Tate Modern will explore the visual art of the early Soviet Union, up until 1953. • Houses of Parliament The Houses of Parliament opens guided tours on most Saturdays of the year, when the MPs return to their constituencies.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Saturday 30th December
• Millennium Bridge This guided walk will take you along a small stretch of the Thames, to look at some of the river's best buildings. • Jack The Ripper Tour Walk the streets of Whitechapel and try and discover the identity of the Victorian murderer Jack the Ripper - if you dare!
See all classical music How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
to • Royal Albert Hall The Birmingham Royal Ballet will be putting on a performance of Tchaikovsky's "The Nutcracker" at the Royal Albert Hall. to • London Coliseum The English National Ballet will be putting on a performance of Tchaikovsky's "The Nutcracker" at the London Coliseum.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 30 December
to • Serpentine Gallery The Serpentine Gallery will be putting on an exhibition of work by Wade Guyton, called 'Das New Yorker Atelier, Abridged'. to • Museum of Childhood 'A Lifetime in Stories' will explore the work of Michael 'War Horse' Morpurgo, one of the Britain's best-loved authors.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Saturday 30th December
• Portobello Road Portobello Road is home to the UK's most famous antiques market, with over 100,000 people browsing hundreds of stalls. • O2 Arena Climb up The O2's roof and enjoy a spectacular 360 degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top. • Wellington Arch The balconies on Wellington Arch have views of Constitution Hill, Apsley House and part of Buckingham Palace's gardens.