- London events
- > London events in December
- > London events on 23rd December
Music, comedy & film
See all music, comedy All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Saturday 23rd December
• BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK. • Harry Potter Studio Tour Explore the magical world of Harry Potter at Warner Bros Studios, and see some of the props and sets from the movies.
See all theatre shows Watch a play on Saturday 23 December, or one of London’s musicals
to • Eventim Apollo Tom Fletcher's children's book 'The Christmasaurus' has been turned into a fun musical show, starring Santa Claus himself! to • The Magic Circle Treat yourself to a Christmas extravaganza at the world famous Magic Circle, and watch some of the world's top magicians.
Family & Kid’s events
See all family, kids Take your kids to London on the 23 December for one of these family events
to • O2 Arena The Disney on Ice Passport To Adventure will re-live all your favourite scenes from all your favourite Disney movies. to • Shaw Theatre Jack and his magic beans are coming to the Shaw Theatre this year, to put on a traditional Christmas panto.
Art & Museums
See all art, museums Visit an art gallery or museum on Saturday 23rd December and see an exhibition
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy. to • Tate Modern The Tate Modern will be exploring the career of Amedeo Modigliani, through a comprehensive survey of his works.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 23 December?
to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace has some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana. • Crossbones Graveyard Every month people gather at Crossbones Graveyard to remember and pay their respects to the outcasts of society.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 23 December
to • Tate Modern The 'Red Star Over Russia' exhibition at the Tate Modern will explore the visual art of the early Soviet Union, up until 1953. • Houses of Parliament The Houses of Parliament opens guided tours on most Saturdays of the year, when the MPs return to their constituencies.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Saturday 23rd December
• Millennium Bridge This guided walk will take you along a small stretch of the Thames, to look at some of the river's best buildings. • Jack The Ripper Tour Walk the streets of Whitechapel and try and discover the identity of the Victorian murderer Jack the Ripper - if you dare!
See all classical music How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
to • London Coliseum The English National Ballet will be putting on a performance of Tchaikovsky's "The Nutcracker" at the London Coliseum. • Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 23 December
to • Serpentine Gallery The Serpentine Gallery will be putting on an exhibition of work by Wade Guyton, called 'Das New Yorker Atelier, Abridged'. to • Museum of Childhood 'A Lifetime in Stories' will explore the work of Michael 'War Horse' Morpurgo, one of the Britain's best-loved authors.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Saturday 23rd December
• Portobello Road Portobello Road is home to the UK's most famous antiques market, with over 100,000 people browsing hundreds of stalls. • O2 Arena Climb up The O2's roof and enjoy a spectacular 360 degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top. • Wellington Arch The balconies on Wellington Arch have views of Constitution Hill, Apsley House and part of Buckingham Palace's gardens.