- London events
- > London events in December
- > London events on 16th December
Music, comedy & film
See all music, comedy All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Saturday 16th December
• O2 Arena Pete Tong has reworked some Ibiza Classics for a 60-piece orchestra, and will be performing it at The O2. to • Islington Assembly Hall Fish from Marillion will be playing three nights of solo shows at the Islington Assembly Hall in December.
See all theatre shows Go and watch a play on Saturday 16 December, or one of London’s musicals
to • Eventim Apollo The smash-hit 'Nativity' movies have now been turned into a comedy musical, fun for all the family this Christmas. to • Theatre Royal Haymarket Step back in time and see Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis performing at the legendary Sands Hotel in Las Vegas.
Family & Kid’s events
See all kid’s events Take your kids to London on the 16 December for one of these family events
to • Shaw Theatre Jack and his magic beans are coming to the Shaw Theatre this year, to put on a traditional Christmas panto. to • London Palladium The London Palladium's Christmas panto is 'Dick Whittington', starring Charlie Stemp, Julian Clary, Elaine Paige and Diversity.
Art & Museums
See all exhibitions Visit an art gallery or museum on Saturday 16th December and see an exhibition
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy. to • Tate Modern The Tate Modern will be exploring the career of Amedeo Modigliani, through a comprehensive survey of his works.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 16 December?
to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace has some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana. • Westminster Cathedral Westminster Cathedral's campanile is one of the city's best viewing platforms, rising 210 feet over the streets of Victoria.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here are some on the 16 December
to • Tate Modern The 'Red Star Over Russia' exhibition at the Tate Modern will explore the visual art of the early Soviet Union, up until 1953. • Houses of Parliament Enjoy a Saturday tour of Parliament, and then enjoy a special afternoon tea on the Terrace Pavilion overlooking the Thames.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Saturday 16th December
• Millennium Bridge This guided walk will take you along a small stretch of the Thames, to look at some of the river's best buildings. • Jack The Ripper Tour Walk the streets of Whitechapel and try and discover the identity of the Victorian murderer Jack the Ripper - if you dare!
See all classical music How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• Barbican Hall Sir Simon Rattle and the London Symphony Orchestra will be playing some pieces by Leonard Bernstein at Barbican Hall. to • London Coliseum The English National Ballet will be putting on a performance of Tchaikovsky's "The Nutcracker" at the London Coliseum.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 16 December
to • Serpentine Gallery The Serpentine Gallery will be putting on an exhibition of work by Wade Guyton, called 'Das New Yorker Atelier, Abridged'. to • Museum of Childhood 'A Lifetime in Stories' will explore the work of Michael 'War Horse' Morpurgo, one of the Britain's best-loved authors.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Saturday 16th December
• Portobello Road Portobello Road is home to the UK's most famous antiques market, with over 100,000 people browsing hundreds of stalls. • O2 Arena Climb up The O2's roof and enjoy a spectacular 360 degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top. • Wellington Arch The balconies on Wellington Arch have views of Constitution Hill, Apsley House and part of Buckingham Palace's gardens.