- London events
- > London events in October
See what’s happening in October. The best live music and comedy this month: Micky Flanagan, Ricky Gervais, Shane Filan, Pretenders, Nathan Caton, Blow Monkeys and Metallica.
October is a time autumn walks in the park, lamplit strolls along the river, or an evening meal and West End show. Or how about attending the Pearly Kings and Queens Festival, London Film Festival, or scary event at Halloween? You might hear some fireworks at the end of the month as Bonfire Night gets closer.
Music, comedy & film
Show all music, comedy Watch a movie, some live music or stand-up comedy in October
• Eventim Apollo Russell Brand has undergone a 'Rebirth', in which he's promising to answer all the big questions about life and death.
Show all theatre When was the last time you enjoyed a night out at the theatre?
to • Hampstead Theatre 'The Slaves of Solitude' tells the story of an improbable heroine stuck inside a boring boarding house during World War II.
Family & Kid’s events
Show all kid’s events Here are some events that will hopefully keep your kids (and husband) happy
• Twickenham Stadium The fourth and final NFL regular season game to be held in the UK this year will be the Minnesota Vikings v Cleveland Browns.
Art & Museums
Show all exhibitions Visit one of London’s finest galleries and museums and see an exhibition
• Benjamin Franklin House Discover the story of the Craven Street bones, which were uncovered in the basement of the Benjamin Franklin House.
Royal & Religious
Show royal, religious For tourists interested in visiting London’s palaces, churches and cathedrals
• Hampton Court Palace Pretend you're Henry VIII and spend an entire night eating and sleeping inside Hampton Court Palace.
Political & Military
Show all political, military Daily parades and political events taking place during October
• Soho Theatre Andy Parsons will be chairing his monthly meeting with the 'Slacktivist Action Group' alongside John O'Farrell and Jonathan Bartley.
Show all tours If you’re visiting London in October then try one of these sightseeing tours
• The City Explore some of the prettiest and most historic gardens and churchyards in the City of London, on this 2-hour walking tour.
Show all classical All of the classical music, operas and ballets in London during October
• Barbican Hall Join the London Symphony Orchestra for an evening of works by Prokofiev and Tchaikovsky at Barbican Hall.
Show all free events Visit London on the cheap in October, by trying these great free events
• Benjamin Franklin House The Benjamin Franklin House will be laying on some free activities for kids this Halloween, with some spooky stories and games.
Other London events
Show other events Here are some more great events that are worth trying during October
• Savoy Theatre Graham Norton will be hosting 'An Evening with Jane Fonda' at the Savoy Theatre, as she talks about her career. • Royal Albert Hall The International Ballroom and Latin Dance Championships will feature some of the world's finest dancers. • Hyde Park The Royal Parks Half Marathon is 13 miles through Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, St James's Park and Green Park.