- London events
- > London events in January
- > London events on 2nd January
This date has already passed
Are you looking for events on 2nd January 2018?
Music, comedy & film
All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Monday 2nd January
This event is over
Stewart Lee - Content Provider to • Leicester Square Theatre Stewart Lee will be testing out some new jokes at the Soho Theatre in a work in progress show called "Content Provider".
• BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK.
Go and watch a play on Monday 2 January, or one of London’s musicals
This event is over
The Kite Runner - at Wyndhams Theatre to • Wyndham’s Theatre Hamlet is on trial for the murder of Polonius, and a cast of characters will take the stand to plead his case.
This event is over
Million Dollar Quartet: Elvis, Jerry, Carl and Cash to • Royal Festival Hall "Million Dollar Quartet" tells the true story of a jam session between Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis.
Family & Kid’s events
Take your kids to London on the 2 January for one of these family events
• London Zoo Get closer to the animals at London Zoo, and help to feed and muck them out, by becoming a London Zoo keeper for a day. • Royal Observatory The Royal Observatory's daily "Sky Tonight" show at the Planetarium will show you what will be visible in the sky tonight.
Art & Museums
Visit an art gallery or museum on Monday 2nd January and see an exhibition
• Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass. This event is over
Australia’s Impressionists - National Gallery to • National Gallery The National Gallery will be putting on an exhibition of forty works which explore Australia's Impressionist movement.
Royal & Religious
Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 2 January?
• Westminster Cathedral Westminster Cathedral's campanile is one of the city's best viewing platforms, rising 210 feet over the streets of Victoria. • St. Paul’s Cathedral St Paul's Cathedal has got three domes that you can climb up -- the Whispering Gallery, Stone Gallery and Golden Gallery.
Political & Military
Parades are always popular with tourists – here are some on the 2 January
• Old Bailey Watch the long arm of the law in action at the Old Bailey, where members of the public can sit in the gallery and watch a case. • Royal Courts of Justice Try something a bit different -- how about going to the Royal Courts of Justice and watching a real-life court case?
Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Monday 2nd January
• BrakeAway Bike Tours Forget the sightseeing buses and jump on your bike... and see the major sights and landmarks of London from your saddle. • See London by Night The 'See London By Night' bus tour will show you London's most famous landmarks beautifully lit up in the night sky.
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium. This event is over
Tchaikovskys The Nutcracker - Royal Ballet to • Royal Opera House Watch the Royal Ballet performing Tchaikovsky's "The Nutcracker" over Christmas, at the Royal Opera House.
There are lots of free events happening in London on the 2 January
• Parliament Hill Enjoy London's skyline from the top of Parliament Hill, which takes in the Gherkin, London Eye, St Paul's and Canary Wharf. • Spitalfields City Farm Spitalfields City Farm is a nice place to take your kids, but did you know that you can volunteer to help out on the farm?
Other London events
Don’t forget these other good events in London on Monday 2nd January
• Wellington Arch The balconies on Wellington Arch have views of Constitution Hill, Apsley House and part of Buckingham Palace's gardens. • Fortnum & Mason Put on your best clothes and enjoy an elegant Afternoon Tea in the famous Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason. • Tate Modern Check out the restaurant and bar at the Tate Modern art gallery, for a great view of St. Paul's Cathedral across the river.