- London events
- > London events in December
- > London events on 11th December
Music, comedy & film
See all music, comedy All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Monday 11th December
• Pleasance Theatre Michael McIntyre will be doing some 'work in progress' shows at the Pleasance Theatre in preparation for a new tour. • BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK.
See all theatre shows Go and watch a play on Monday 11 December, or one of London’s musicals
to • Hampstead Theatre 'Cell Mates' tells the story of a double agent's escape from Wormwood Scrubs, and the problems he has trusting his fellow escapee. to • Victoria Palace Theatre Alexander Hamilton was George Washington's right hand man, and one of America's original founding fathers.
Family & Kid’s events
See all kid’s events Take your kids to London on the 11 December for one of these family events
to • Hackney Empire Enjoy a traditional Christmas panto at the Hackney Empire, and see if Cinderella can find her Prince Charming. to • Piccadilly Theatre One of the world's favourite family musicals, Annie, is back in the West End for a run at the Piccadilly Theatre.
Art & Museums
See all exhibitions Visit an art gallery or museum on Monday 11th December and see an exhibition
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy. to • Tate Modern The Tate Modern will be exploring the career of Amedeo Modigliani, through a comprehensive survey of his works.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 11 December?
to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace has some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana. • Westminster Cathedral Westminster Cathedral's campanile is one of the city's best viewing platforms, rising 210 feet over the streets of Victoria.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here are some on the 11 December
to • Tate Modern The 'Red Star Over Russia' exhibition at the Tate Modern will explore the visual art of the early Soviet Union, up until 1953. • Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Monday 11th December
• Millennium Bridge This guided walk will take you along a small stretch of the Thames, to look at some of the river's best buildings. • The City Walk the streets of Londinium, and see what remains of the Roman amphitheatre, Temple of Mithras, military fort and walls.
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 11 December
to • Museum of Childhood 'A Lifetime in Stories' will explore the work of Michael 'War Horse' Morpurgo, one of the Britain's best-loved authors. to • Museum of Childhood Peer into the lives of east Londoners to see how buildings have documented the changes in taste and the passage of time.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Monday 11th December
• O2 Arena Climb up The O2's roof and enjoy a spectacular 360 degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top. • Wellington Arch The balconies on Wellington Arch have views of Constitution Hill, Apsley House and part of Buckingham Palace's gardens. • Fortnum & Mason Put on your best clothes and enjoy an elegant Afternoon Tea in the famous Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason.