- London events
- > London events in March
Suggestions for the month of March. Enjoy some live music or stand-up comedy: John Robins, Nathan Carter, Paul Weller, Steven Wilson, Country To Country Festival, Melina Aslanidou and Seann Walsh.
London starts to brighten up in March when the sun comes out, spring comes to the parks and gardens, and the happy St. Patrick’s Day Parade takes place in the the middle of the month. Maybe you can plan a family day out and try one of the kid’s attractions, or pick a nice day for a view of the skyline.
Music, comedy & film
Show all music, comedy The best music, movie and comedy events in London this month
to • Royal Albert Hall Steven Wilson is coming to London in March and playing two nights at the Royal Albert Hall for his 'To The Bone Tour'. • London Palladium Irish country star Nathan Carter is coming to the London Palladium for a special St Patrick's Day concert.
Show all theatre The best plays and musicals running in London’s West End
to • Sam Wanamaker Playhouse Enter the wonderful world of Hans Christian Anderson when the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse puts on 'The Little Match Girl'. to • Sam Wanamaker Playhouse Enjoy a theatrical version of Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons', with a quintet of musicians and Gyre & Gimble's master puppeteers.
Family & Kid’s events
Show all kid’s events When was the last time you took your kids to London for a family day out?
• Hackney Marshes Hackney Marshes is the home of Sunday league football, with over 70 matches played between dozens of amateur teams. • Medieval Banquet Come and enjoy a medieval banquet alongside English knights, singing minstrels, and the great King Henry VIII himself.
Art & Museums
Show all exhibitions Here are some of the March exhibitions in London’s galleries and museums
to • Tate Modern The Tate Modern will be putting on some film screenings and an exhibition of works by performance and video artist Joan Jonas.
Royal & Religious
Show royal, religious For tourists interested in visiting London’s palaces, churches and cathedrals
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy.
Political & Military
Show all political, military Daily parades and political events taking place during March
to • City Hall The London Assembly will be grilling Sadiq Khan at Mayor's Question Time, in their monthly meeting at City Hall.
Show all tours If you’re visiting London in March then try one of these sightseeing tours
• Millennium Bridge This guided walk will take you along a small stretch of the Thames, to look at some of the river's best buildings.
Show all classical All of the classical music, operas and ballets in London during March
• Barbican Hall The Academy of Ancient Music and Choir of the AAM will be performing JS Bach's St Matthew Passion at Barbican Hall.
Show all free events Visit London on the cheap in March, by trying these great free events
• Somerset House The "Old Palaces Tour" at Somerset House will teach you a little bit about three of England's Stuart Dynasty queens.
Other London events
Show other events Here are some more great events that are worth trying during March
• Spencer House Spencer House is one of the finest 18th-century town houses in London, and opens up for a guided tour every Sunday. • Portobello Road Portobello Road is home to the UK's most famous antiques market, with over 100,000 people browsing hundreds of stalls. • O2 Arena Climb up The O2's roof and enjoy a spectacular 360 degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top.