- London events
- > London events in December
- > London events on 8th December
Music, comedy & film
See all music, comedy All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Friday 8th December
to • Pleasance Theatre Rob Newman will be testing out some jokes for his new stand-up show: 'A History of Western Philosophy'. to • Soho Theatre Scottish comic Daniel Sloss is coming to London to perform his new stand-up show at the Soho Theatre.
See all theatre shows Go and watch a play on Friday 8 December, or one of London’s musicals
to • Hampstead Theatre 'Cell Mates' tells the story of a double agent's escape from Wormwood Scrubs, and the problems he has trusting his fellow escapee. to • Peacock Theatre Fly through the sky with the magical snowman, as the much-loved children's book "The Snowman" comes to the Peacock.
Family & Kid’s events
See all kid’s events Take your kids to London on the 8 December for one of these family events
to • Royal Botanic Gardens Kew Garden's Christmas trail includes a fairground, a tunnel of lights, scented fire garden and a million sparkling lights. to • Lyric Hammersmith You'll find Jack and his magic beans at the Lyric, climbing up his beanstalk into the clouds where the giant lives.
Art & Museums
See all exhibitions Visit an art gallery or museum on Friday 8th December and see an exhibition
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy. to • Tate Modern The Tate Modern will be exploring the career of Amedeo Modigliani, through a comprehensive survey of his works.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 8 December?
to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace has some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana. • Westminster Cathedral Westminster Cathedral's campanile is one of the city's best viewing platforms, rising 210 feet over the streets of Victoria.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here are some on the 8 December
to • Tate Modern The 'Red Star Over Russia' exhibition at the Tate Modern will explore the visual art of the early Soviet Union, up until 1953. • Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Friday 8th December
• The City Walk the streets of Londinium, and see what remains of the Roman amphitheatre, Temple of Mithras, military fort and walls. • Jack The Ripper Tour Walk the streets of Whitechapel and try and discover the identity of the Victorian murderer Jack the Ripper - if you dare!
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 8 December
to • Serpentine Gallery The Serpentine Gallery will be putting on an exhibition of work by Wade Guyton, called 'Das New Yorker Atelier, Abridged'. to • Museum of Childhood 'A Lifetime in Stories' will explore the work of Michael 'War Horse' Morpurgo, one of the Britain's best-loved authors.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Friday 8th December
• O2 Arena Climb up The O2's roof and enjoy a spectacular 360 degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top. • Wellington Arch The balconies on Wellington Arch have views of Constitution Hill, Apsley House and part of Buckingham Palace's gardens. • Fortnum & Mason Put on your best clothes and enjoy an elegant Afternoon Tea in the famous Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason.