- London events
- > London events in February
Recommended events in February. Some of the music and laughs we recommend this month: Stewart Lee, Paul Carrack, Stephen K Amos, A Ha, Jimeoin, Iain Stirling and Ed Gamble.
February in London can be a bit chilly, and the tourist attractions get busy mid-month when the school’s break-up for a week. But those dark and frosty evenings make it a great time for walking through the bright lights of the West End. Maybe you can treat your partner to a meal and a show on Valentine’s Day?
Music, comedy & film
Show all music, comedy Live music concerts and comedy gigs in London during January
• London Palladium Paul Carrack (the guy behind Ace, Squeeze and Mike & The Mechanics) will be playing one night at the London Palladium.
Show all theatre Treat yourself to a meal and a balcony seat at a West End show
to • Sam Wanamaker Playhouse The Sam Wanamaker Playhouse will be performing 'The Captive Queen' -- a re-imagining John Dryden's 'Aureng-zebe'.
Family & Kid’s events
Show all kid’s events Some ideas if you’re planning to take your children to London in February
• SSE Arena Wembley Arenacross combines indoor motocross racing and freestyle motocross for a fast and furious night of family entertainment.
Art & Museums
Show all exhibitions If you’re into art and history then how about visiting a gallery or museum?
to • Tate Britain 'All To Human: A Century Of Painting Life' will include works by the likes of Lucian Freud and Francis Bacon.
Royal & Religious
Show royal, religious For tourists interested in visiting London’s palaces, churches and cathedrals
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy.
Political & Military
Show all political, military Daily parades and political events taking place during February
to • Tate Modern The 'Red Star Over Russia' exhibition at the Tate Modern will explore the visual art of the early Soviet Union, up until 1953.
Show all tours If you’re visiting London in February then try one of these sightseeing tours
• Millennium Bridge This guided walk will take you along a small stretch of the Thames, to look at some of the river's best buildings.
Show all classical All of the classical music, operas and ballets in London during February
• Barbican Hall The London Symphony Orchestra will be performing some classical music by Brahms, Ravel and Franck at Barbican Hall.
Show all free events Visit London on the cheap in February, by trying these great free events
to • Serpentine Gallery The Serpentine Gallery will be putting on an exhibition of work by Wade Guyton, called 'Das New Yorker Atelier, Abridged'.
Other London events
Show other events Here are some more great events that are worth trying during February
• Spencer House Spencer House is one of the finest 18th-century town houses in London, and opens up for a guided tour every Sunday. • Portobello Road Portobello Road is home to the UK's most famous antiques market, with over 100,000 people browsing hundreds of stalls. • O2 Arena Climb up The O2's roof and enjoy a spectacular 360 degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top.