- London events
- > London events in December
Pick of the best events in December. Here are some good concerts and comedy gigs: Ian Hislop, Michael Mcintyre, Queen Adam Lambert, Marilyn Manson, Matt Forde, Andy Parsons and Stewart Lee.
Christmas in London is a time for pantos and carols at the Royal Albert Hall, shopping at the festive markets, skating on the outdoor ice rinks, and hunting down the big trees like the one in Trafalgar Square. Or how about a midnight mass at St. Paul’s? The month comes to an end with the big New Year’s Eve celebrations.
Music, comedy & film
Show all music, comedy Have a great night out watching a concert, comedy gig or movie
• Cadogan Hall Watch Raymond Briggs 'Father Christmas' on a big screen, and listen to a kid-friendly version of Prokofiev's 'Peter And The Wolf'.
Show all theatre Give yourself a Christmas treat with some tickets to a musical
to • SSE Arena Wembley Bradley Walsh and Martin Kemp will be starring in Peter Pan alongside Tinkerbell, Tiger Lily and Captain Hook.
Family & Kid’s events
Show all kid’s events Events in December that will make a decent day out for people with kids
to • Eventim Apollo Tom Fletcher's children's book 'The Christmasaurus' has been turned into a fun musical show, starring Santa Claus himself!
Art & Museums
Show all exhibitions How about visiting an exhibition in one of the capital’s galleries or museums?
• Natural History Museum See in 2018 in style at the Natural History Museum's 'Under the Sea' themed New Year's Eve party.
Royal & Religious
Show royal, religious For tourists interested in visiting London’s palaces, churches and cathedrals
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy.
Political & Military
Show all political, military Daily parades and political events taking place during December
• Soho Theatre Andy Parsons will be chairing his monthly meeting with the 'Slacktivist Action Group' alongside the MP Lucy Powell.
Show all tours If you’re visiting London in December then try one of these sightseeing tours
• Millennium Bridge This guided walk will take you along a small stretch of the Thames, to look at some of the river's best buildings.
Show all classical All of the classical music, operas and ballets in London during December
to • Royal Albert Hall The Birmingham Royal Ballet will be putting on a performance of Tchaikovsky's "The Nutcracker" at the Royal Albert Hall.
Show all free events Visit London on the cheap in December, by trying these great free events
• Serpentine The annual Peter Pan Cup swimming race has been held on the Serpentine lake every Christmas morning since 1864.
Other London events
Show other events Here are some more great events that are worth trying during December
to • Royal Albert Hall See some of the biggest names in tennis history compete at the Champions Tennis tournament at the Royal Albert Hall. • Albert Memorial Go inside the railings and learn about the Albert Memorial, one of Victorian London's finest, and most guilded monuments. • Spencer House Spencer House is one of the finest 18th-century town houses in London, and opens up for a guided tour every Sunday.