- London events
- > London events in December
Christmas in London is a time for pantos and carols at the Royal Albert Hall, shopping at the festive markets, skating on the outdoor ice rinks, and hunting down the big trees like the one in Trafalgar Square. Or how about a midnight mass at St. Paul’s? The month comes to an end with the big New Year’s Eve celebrations.
Music, comedy & film
See all music, comedy Spend a night watching some live music, a comedy gig or blockbuster movie
• Cadogan Hall Watch Raymond Briggs 'Father Christmas' on a big screen, and listen to a kid-friendly version of Prokofiev's 'Peter And The Wolf'. • Cadogan Hall Enjoy 'The Snowman' with a live musical accompaniment, plus a family-friendly performance of Saint-Saens 'Carnival of the Animals'.
See all theatre shows Give yourself a Christmas treat with some tickets to a West End musical
to • SSE Arena Wembley Bradley Walsh and Martin Kemp will be starring in Peter Pan alongside Tinkerbell, Tiger Lily and Captain Hook. to • Eventim Apollo Tom Fletcher's children's book 'The Christmasaurus' has been turned into a fun musical show, starring Santa Claus himself!
Family & Kid’s events
See all family, kids Events in December that will make a nice day out for families with children
to • O2 Arena The Disney on Ice Passport To Adventure will re-live all your favourite scenes from all your favourite Disney movies. to • Eventim Apollo The smash-hit 'Nativity' movies have now been turned into a comedy musical, fun for all the family this Christmas.
Art & Museums
See all art, museums How about visiting an exhibition in one of the capital’s galleries or museums?
• Natural History Museum See in 2018 in style at the Natural History Museum's 'Under the Sea' themed New Year's Eve party. to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious For tourists interested in visiting London’s palaces, churches and cathedrals
to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace has some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana. • Somerset House The "Old Palaces Tour" at Somerset House will teach you a little bit about three of England's Stuart Dynasty queens.
Political & Military
See all political, military Daily parades and political events taking place during December
• Soho Theatre Andy Parsons will be chairing his monthly meeting with the 'Slacktivist Action Group' alongside the MP Lucy Powell. • Leicester Square Theatre Matt Forde's Political Party Podcast Christmas Special will combine some topical stand-up with a big political interview.
See all guided tours If you’re visiting London in December then try one of these sightseeing tours
• Millennium Bridge This guided walk will take you along a small stretch of the Thames, to look at some of the river's best buildings. • The City This guided walk will take you around some of the streets and locations that Charles Dickens used within his novels.
See all classical music All of the classical music, operas and ballets in London during December
to • Royal Albert Hall The Birmingham Royal Ballet will be putting on a performance of Tchaikovsky's "The Nutcracker" at the Royal Albert Hall. • SSE Arena Wembley The 'King of the Waltzes' Andre Rieu is back in London for his annual Christmas concert at Wembley Arena.
See all free events Visit London on the cheap in December, by trying these great free events
• Serpentine The annual Peter Pan Cup swimming race has been held on the Serpentine lake every Christmas morning since 1864. • Benjamin Franklin House The Benjamin Franklin House will be throwing a Christmas party especially for kids, with carols, crafts and mince pies.
Other London events
See all other events Here are some more great events that are worth trying during December
to • Royal Albert Hall See some of the biggest names in tennis history compete at the Champions Tennis tournament at the Royal Albert Hall. • Albert Memorial Go inside the railings and learn about the Albert Memorial, one of Victorian London's finest, and most guilded monuments. • Spencer House Spencer House is one of the finest 18th-century town houses in London, and opens up for a guided tour every Sunday.