- London events
- > London military events
Don’t forget to visit the Churchill War Rooms. Other military museums worth trying are the Imperial War Museum, National Army Museum and HMS Belfast. Or how about a day-trip to Chatham Dockyards to see a submarine, and Bletchley Park to see the Enigma machines? And there are always lots of military parades in London.
Military events in November
Here’s our pick of the best military events and exhibitions in London this November
to • Science Museum The Science Museum's 'Wounded: Conflict, Casualties and Care' exhibition will look at medicine during the Battle of the Somme.
to • Imperial War Museum 'Reflections on Helmand' will explore how Britain got caught up fighting the Taliban in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
• Tower of London The Ceremony of the Keys is over 700 years old, and represents the traditional locking up of the Tower of London at night.
• Horse Guards Changing the Guard at Horse Guards is similar to the ceremony at Buckingham Palace, but is usually a lot less crowded.
• Tower of London One of the best ways of seeing the Tower of London is alongside a Yeoman Warder (better known as the "Beefeaters").
• Horse Guards The Dismounting Ceremony (or 4 O'Clock Parade) is a short ceremony that takes place every day at the Horse Guards.
• Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass.
to • Tate Britain Tate Britain's 'Aftermath' exhibition will explore how British, German and French artists responded at the end of World War I.