- London events
- > London christmas events
It’s getting closer now… there are only 92 days left until Christmas.
From the Christmas lights down Oxford Street and Regent Street, the Xmas market at Covent Garden, the Santa’s Grotto at Harrods and Hamleys, to the Christmas pantos, ice rinks and big tree in Trafalgar Square, there’s always something magical happening in London during December.
Christmas events in November
It’s nearly Christmas! Get into the seasonal spirit with these November events
to • Hackney Empire Enjoy a traditional Christmas panto at the Hackney Empire, and see if Cinderella can find her Prince Charming.
• Prince Charles Cinema Disney's animated classic 'Frozen' is coming to the Prince Charles Cinema, in a special sing-a-long version for adults only.
to • Lyric Hammersmith You'll find Jack and his magic beans at the Lyric Hammersmith, climbing up his beanstalk into the clouds where the giant lives.
to • Royal Botanic Gardens Kew Garden's Christmas trail includes a fairground, a tunnel of lights, scented fire garden and a million sparkling lights.
to • London Olympia The Ideal Home Show at Christmas has plenty of great ideas about buying presents, cooking dinner and decorating your house.
to • Peacock Theatre Fly through the sky with the magical snowman, as the much-loved children's book "The Snowman" comes to the Peacock.
Christmas events in December
Here are some festive events taking place in London during the month of December
to • Prince Charles Cinema Disney's animated classic 'Frozen' is coming to the Prince Charles Cinema, in a special sing-a-long version for kids.
• Barbican Hall Join the London Symphony Chorus and LSO Community Choir for an evening of Christmas classics at Barbican Hall.
• Royal Albert Hall John Rutter's Christmas Celebration concert is one of the most popular Christmas carol concerts at the Royal Albert Hall.
to • London Palladium The London Palladium's Christmas panto is 'Dick Whittington', starring Charlie Stemp, Julian Clary, Elaine Paige and Diversity.
to • Shaw Theatre Jack and his magic beans are coming to the Shaw Theatre this year, to put on a traditional Christmas panto.
• Benjamin Franklin House The Benjamin Franklin House will be throwing a Christmas party especially for kids, with carols, crafts and mince pies.
to • London Coliseum The English National Ballet will be putting on a performance of Tchaikovsky's "The Nutcracker" at the London Coliseum.
to • Eventim Apollo The smash-hit 'Nativity' movies have now been turned into a comedy musical, fun for all the family this Christmas.
• SSE Arena Wembley Join Tony Hadley, Kim Wilde, Nik Kershaw, Go West, Nick Heyward and T'Pau for 'Let's Rock Christmas' at the SSE Arena.
• Royal Albert Hall Katherine Jenkins will be singing some of her favourite festive tunes and seasonal songs at the Royal Albert Hall.
to • The Magic Circle Treat yourself to a Christmas extravaganza at the world famous Magic Circle, and watch some of the world's top magicians.
• Cadogan Hall Enjoy 'The Snowman' with a live musical accompaniment, plus a family-friendly performance of Saint-Saens 'Carnival of the Animals'.
to • Eventim Apollo Tom Fletcher's children's book 'The Christmasaurus' has been turned into a fun musical show, starring Santa Claus himself!
• Cadogan Hall Watch Raymond Briggs 'Father Christmas' on a big screen, and listen to a kid-friendly version of Prokofiev's 'Peter And The Wolf'.
• Serpentine The annual Peter Pan Cup swimming race has been held on the Serpentine lake every Christmas morning since 1864.
to • Royal Albert Hall The Birmingham Royal Ballet will be putting on a performance of Tchaikovsky's "The Nutcracker" at the Royal Albert Hall.