- London events
- > London royal events
Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle and the Tower of London are all must-see sights for fans of British Royal history, closely followed by Kensington Palace and Henry VIII’s Hampton Court. You might like to try Clarence House and Banqueting House as well – or how about one of London’s daily parades?
Royal events in September
Here’s our pick of the best Royal Family-related events in London this September
• Windsor Castle Visit the State Rooms at Windsor Castle, the world's oldest inhabited castle, and the Royal Family's home for over 1000 years.
• Somerset House The "Old Palaces Tour" at Somerset House will teach you a little bit about three of England's Stuart Dynasty queens.
to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace showcases some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana.
to • Theatre Royal Haymarket 'Queen Anne' explores the relationship between the Queen of England and Sarah, the pushy Duchess of Marlborough.
to • Buckingham Palace Step inside Buckingham Palace and see the State Rooms, lavishly decorated with treasures from the Royal Collection.
to • Buckingham Palace Why not combine a visit to the Buckingham Palace Summer Opening with a tour of the Queen's gardens as well?
Royal events in October
Here are some Royal-related events if you’re visiting London during October
• Windsor Castle Dr Simon Thurley will be rethinking the history of Windsor Castle with a talk about the changes made since Henry VII.
• Hampton Court Palace Pretend you're Henry VIII and spend an entire night eating and sleeping inside Hampton Court Palace.
Royal events in November
Immerse yourself in London’s rich history with one of these Royal events
• Cenotaph On Remembrance Sunday the Queen, war veterans and politicians, will gather to remember our war dead at The Cenotaph.
• Green Park The KTRHA will be firing a 41-gun salute in Green Park to mark Prince Charles' 69th birthday (happy birthday Charlie!)
• Tower of London The HAC will be firing off a 62-gun salute at the Tower of London, to make sure everyone knows it's Prince Charles' birthday.
• Windsor Castle Tony Robinson will be coming to Windsor Castle for a talk about the discovery of Edward III’s long lost House of Chivalry.
Royal events in December
Here are some December events related to Britain’s kings and queens
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy.