- London events
- > London political events
Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament should be at the top of every tourist’s itinerary, and don’t miss the famous front door at No.10 Downing Street – if you get lucky then you might even catch a quick glimpse of the Prime Minister. The historic medieval Guildhall and historic Mansion House are worth a look as well.
Political events in November
Things to see in November if you’re visiting London and you’re interested in politics
• Speakers’ Corner Listen to a speech at Speakers' Corner, where the public can discuss whatever they like -- all in the name of free speech.
to • Imperial War Museum 'Reflections on Helmand' will explore how Britain got caught up fighting the Taliban in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
• Royal Courts of Justice Try something a bit different -- how about going to the Royal Courts of Justice and watching a real-life court case?
• Old Bailey Watch the long arm of the law in action at the Old Bailey, where members of the public can sit in the gallery and watch a case.
• Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons.
• Houses of Parliament You can watch the Prime Minister get grilled by the House of Commons every Wednesday, at Prime Minister's Questions.
to • Guildhall This tour will visit one of London's most historic buildings, with a Great Hall dating all the way back to medieval times.
to • Guildhall Attend a meeting of the Common Council at the Guildhall, and see the Lord Mayor of London dressed in all their finery.
• Houses of Parliament The Houses of Parliament opens guided tours on most Saturdays of the year, when the MPs return to their constituencies.
• Houses of Parliament Enjoy a Saturday tour of Parliament, and then enjoy a special afternoon tea on the Terrace Pavilion overlooking the Thames.
• Mansion House Have a look inside Mansion House, the official residence of the Lord Mayor of London, and see inside the Egyptian Hall.
to • City Hall The London Assembly will be grilling Sadiq Khan at Mayor's Question Time, in their monthly meeting at City Hall.
to • Noël Coward Theatre Martin Freeman and Sarah Lancashire will be starring in James Graham's sharp new political play, 'Labour of Love'.
to • Tate Modern The 'Red Star Over Russia' exhibition at the Tate Modern will explore the visual art of the early Soviet Union, up until 1953.
• Soho Theatre Andy Parsons will be chairing his monthly meeting with the 'Slacktivist Action Group' alongside the MP Clive Lewis.
Political events in December
Here’s our pick of the best political events taking place in London during December
• Olivier Theatre Private Eye's Ian Hislop will be taking a look back at the year with help from Harry Enfield and John Sessions.
• Leicester Square Theatre Matt Forde's Political Party Podcast Christmas Special will combine some topical stand-up with a big political interview.
• Soho Theatre Andy Parsons will be chairing his monthly meeting with the 'Slacktivist Action Group' alongside the MP Lucy Powell.