- London events
- > London museum exhibitions
London has some of the best free museums in the UK. The British Museum are V&A are both world-class. The Natural History Museum and Science Museum are great for kids, and the Imperial War Museum and National Army Museum are good for military enthusiasts. Here’s our complete list of museums in London.
Museum exhibitions in September
Here’s a guide to the best museum exhibitions taking place in London this September
to • London Film Museum "Bond in Motion" is a huge collection of original cars, bikes and boats used during filming in the 007 James Bond movies.
to • Science Museum The Science Museum's 'Wounded: Conflict, Casualties and Care' exhibition will look at medicine during the Battle of the Somme.
to • Imperial War Museum 'Reflections on Helmand' will explore how Britain got caught up fighting the Taliban in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
• Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass.
• Sir John Soane’s Museum On the first Tuesday of each month they open Sir John Soane's Museum in the evening, bathed in atmospheric candlelight.
• Old Operating Theatre Enjoy a demonstration of 19th-century surgery, held in the confines of the Old Operating Theatre at St. Thomas's Hospital.
to • Museum of Childhood Peer into the lives of east Londoners, and see how the buildings have documented the changes in taste and the passage of time.
to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace showcases some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana.
to • National Army Museum 'War Paint - Brushes With Conflict' is the National Army Museum's first temporary exhibition after their grand re-opening.
to • Billingsgate Roman House and Baths See the ancient remains of a Roman house and baths in the basement of an office block in Lower Thames Street.
to • V&A 'Their Mortal Remains' is a huge new exhibition at the V&A about one of the most influential bands in rock: Pink Floyd.
to • V&A The 'Shaping Fashion' exhibition will showcase some of the best pieces by Spanish fashion designer Cristobal Balenciaga.
to • Natural History Museum The Natural History Museum's new exhibition is called 'Beneath The Surface', all about the evolution of whales and dolphins.
to • Museum of Childhood 'A Lifetime in Stories' will explore the work of Michael 'War Horse' Morpurgo, one of the Britain's best-loved authors.
to • Guildhall Art Gallery The skull of a Roman gladiator will be returning to the amphitheatre where he lost his life, in the basement of the Guildhall Art Gallery.
to • Natural History Museum Re-live the movie 'Night At The Museum' by spending a whole night inside the Natural History Museum!
to • Natural History Museum 'Crime Scene Live' let's you become a CSI for a night, collecting evidence around the Natural History Museum.
to • Natural History Museum Re-live Ben Stiller's "Night At The Museum" movie, with an adult-only sleep-over at the Natural History Museum.
to • V&A 'Passion, Power and Politics' explores the history of opera from its origins in late-Renaissance Italy, right up to the present day.
Museum exhibitions in October
Here are some of the best exhibitions in London during the month of October
• Benjamin Franklin House Discover the story of the Craven Street bones, which were uncovered in the basement of the Benjamin Franklin House.
Museum exhibitions in November
Here are some upcoming exhibitions in London’s museums this November
• V&A Former V&A Museum director Roy Strong will be talking to Tristram Hunt about his career and publication of his diaries.
Museum exhibitions in December
Interesting museum exhibitions that are opening during the month of December
• Natural History Museum See in 2018 in style at the Natural History Museum's 'Under the Sea' themed New Year's Eve party.