- London events
- > London outdoor events
The two most beautiful parks in London are St. James’s Park and Regent’s Park. Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are two huge expanses of green with a lake, and you can see some of the best botanical gardens at Kew and RHS Wisley. The best views are from Primrose Hill, Greenwich Hill and Hampstead Heath.
Outdoor events in September
Here’s our guide to the best outdoor events taking place in London this September
• Speakers’ Corner Listen to a speech at Speakers' Corner, where the public can discuss whatever they like -- all in the name of free speech.
• Little Venice Have a nice walk around Little Venice, past all the pretty houseboats, and stop for a cup of tea in one of the nice cafes.
• Highgate Cemetery Have a guided tour around Highgate Cemetery, and enjoy one of the most atmospheric and historic cemeteries in London.
• Primrose Hill Primrose Hill is a lot higher than it looks, and boasts one of the finest views of the London skyline from anywhere in the city.
• Spitalfields City Farm Spitalfields City Farm is a nice place to take your kids, but did you know that you can volunteer to help out on the farm?
• Parliament Hill Enjoy London's skyline from the top of Parliament Hill, which takes in the Gherkin, London Eye, St Paul's and Canary Wharf.
• Hackney Marshes Hackney Marshes is the home of Sunday league football, with over 70 matches played between dozens of amateur teams.
to • St. James’s Park Have a nice, relaxing sit-down and doing a bit of people-watching in one of London's Royal parks, by hiring out a deckchair.
to • Serpentine Spend a pleasant afternoon pedalling around in a little hire boat on the Serpentine, or catch the sun-powered SolarShuttle.
• The City Explore some of the prettiest and most historic gardens and churchyards in the City of London, on this 2-hour walking tour.
to • Buckingham Palace Why not combine a visit to the Buckingham Palace Summer Opening with a tour of the Queen's gardens as well?
Outdoor events in October
Get a bit of fresh air this October with one of these outdoor events in London
• Hyde Park The Royal Parks Half Marathon is 13 miles through Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, St James's Park and Green Park.
Outdoor events in November
Enjoy a bit of London sunshine with one of these outdoor events in November
• Green Park The KTRHA will be firing a 41-gun salute in Green Park to mark Prince Charles' 69th birthday (happy birthday Charlie!)
to • Royal Botanic Gardens Kew Garden's Christmas trail includes a fairground, a tunnel of lights, scented fire garden and a million sparkling lights.