- London events
- > London outdoor events
The two most beautiful parks in London are St. James’s Park and Regent’s Park. Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are two huge expanses of green with a lake, and you can see some of the best botanical gardens at Kew and RHS Wisley. The best views are from Primrose Hill, Greenwich Hill and Hampstead Heath.
Outdoor events in December
Here’s our guide to the best outdoor events taking place in London this December
• Speakers’ Corner Listen to a speech at Speakers' Corner, where the public can discuss whatever they like -- all in the name of free speech.
• Little Venice Have a nice walk around Little Venice, past all the pretty houseboats, and stop for a cup of tea in one of the nice cafes.
• Highgate Cemetery Have a guided tour around Highgate Cemetery, and enjoy one of the most atmospheric and historic cemeteries in London.
• Primrose Hill Primrose Hill is a lot higher than it looks, and boasts one of the finest views of the London skyline from anywhere in the city.
• Spitalfields City Farm Spitalfields City Farm is a nice place to take your kids, but did you know that you can volunteer to help out on the farm?
• Parliament Hill Enjoy London's skyline from the top of Parliament Hill, which takes in the Gherkin, London Eye, St Paul's and Canary Wharf.
• Hackney Marshes Hackney Marshes is the home of Sunday league football, with over 70 matches played between dozens of amateur teams.
to • Royal Botanic Gardens Kew Garden's Christmas trail includes a fairground, a tunnel of lights, scented fire garden and a million sparkling lights.