London art galleries
- Wallace Collection map
- Wallace Collection, Hertford House, Manchester Square, MaryleboneW1U 3BN
- Work 0207 563 9500
Opening times and price
- Opening hours:
- 10 AM to 5 PM (Mon-Sun)
- Visiting hours are subject to change
- Ticket cost:
- Adults free entry
- Time required:
- A typical visit to Wallace Collection lasts 1½-2 hours (approx)
Getting to Wallace Collection
- Find car parks near Wallace Collection
- Find minicab firms near Wallace Collection
- 2, 10, 12, 13, 30, 74, 82, 94, 113, 137, 274
- London bus fares
- Baker Street BKL CRC H&C JUB MET, Bond Street CNT JUB, Marble Arch CNT
- The nearest train station to Wallace Collection is Bond Street
- London underground fares
See all art exhibitions in London
The Wallace Collection is one of London’s hidden gems, found in Hertford House at Manchester Square.
It was bought by the Marques of Hertford in 1797 and built up by four successive generations of his family, who then left the entire collection to the nation.
Paintings in the collection
The art collection contains around 70 different paintings by the likes of Rembrandt, Rubens, Titian and Murillo. There are also works by Reynolds, Gainsborough and Delacroix.
The best-known pieces are Velázquez’s Lady With a Fan, Thomas Lawrence’s King George IV, and Frans Hals’ The Laughing Cavalier.
The eclectic collection also contains a fine display of armour, French furnishings from the Revolutionary period, and fittings originally made for the Palace of Versailles. There are also hundreds of ceramics and pieces of porcelain.
|Awful 0% ||Poor 0% ||Okay 0% ||Good 100% ||Great 0% |
- SarahCroft – “National gallery, tick. Tate britain, tick. Tate modern, tick. So where to go next? After perusing a guidebook for a while I Decided on the wallace collection, and boy was I glad that I did. This gallery is absolutely fantastic just for the interior alone. The rooms are truly lovely and knock the socks of all the other galleries I have been too. And I was surprised to find so many paintings by the masters like titan, rembrandt, rubens, canaletto, van dyck.… more”
Pubs near Wallace Collection · Restaurants near Wallace Collection