St Lawrence Jewry
St. Lawrence Jewry
- St. Lawrence Jewry map
- St. Lawrence Jewry, Gresham Street, near the Guildhall, The CityEC2V 5AA
- Work 0207 600 9478
Getting to St. Lawrence Jewry
- Find car parks near St. Lawrence Jewry
- Find minicab firms near St. Lawrence Jewry
- 4, 8, 15, 17, 21, 25, 43, 56, 76, 100, 133, 141, 153, 176, 211, 242, 243, 271, 388, 521
- London bus fares
- Bank CNT DLR NRN W&C, Cannon Street CRC DSC, Mansion House CRC DSC, Moorgate CRC H&C MET NRN, St. Paul’s CNT
- The nearest train station to St. Lawrence Jewry is Bank
- London underground fares
See all religious events in London
St. Lawrence Jewry church sits opposite the Guildhall in the old Jewish quarter of the City – the chief street of which is situated south: Old Jewry.
The church was designed by Christopher Wren in 1670 – after the original 13th-century building was burnt to the ground in the Great Fire of London. It suffered further damage during the Blitz, and was restored by Cecil Brown.
Its proximity to the seat of municipal government has made it the official church of the Corporation of London. Both the Lord Mayor and alderman have their own designated pews.
- Be the first person to write a review, or ask a question
Pubs near St. Lawrence Jewry · Restaurants near St. Lawrence Jewry