Pollock’s Toy Museum
- London guide
Pollocks Toy Museum
- Pollock’s Toy Museum map
- Pollock’s Toy Museum, 1 Scala Street (entrance at 41 Whitfield Street), Fitzrovia W1T 2HL
- Work 0207 636 3452
Opening times and price
- Opening hours:
- 10 AM to 5 PM (Mon-Sat); Closed (Sun); Last entry 30 mins before closing
- Ticket cost:
- Adults £6.00; Children £3.00
- Visiting hours and entry charges are subject to change
- Time required:
- A typical visit to Pollock’s Toy Museum lasts 1 hour (approx)
Getting to Pollock’s Toy Museum
- Find car parks near Pollock’s Toy Museum
- Find minicab firms near Pollock’s Toy Museum
- 10, 14, 24, 29, 73, 134, 390
- London bus fares
- Euston Square CRC H&C MET, Goodge Street NRN, Tottenham Court Road CNT NRN, Warren Street NRN VIC
- The nearest train station to Pollock’s Toy Museum is Goodge Street
- London underground fares
Pollock’s Toy Museum can be found down Scala Street inside two 18th-century townhouses. The buildings are full of tiny little rooms and creaky stairs, but you won’t find any Nintendos here – just three floors of dusty puppets, dolls and teddy bears, to tin toys, board games and optical tricks.
There is a myriad of mechanical toys for the men, and delicate dolls houses for the ladies. There is also a large collection of folk toys from Asia, India and Africa.
Don’t forget to pop into the toyshop downstairs, which sells top quality wooden items and old-style cardboard theatres with cut-out figurines – something which Pollock’s is particularly famous for.
- Be the first person to ask a question
Have you seen our list of museum exhibitions in London? You can find exhibitions taking place today, tomorrow and at the weekend. We also have a guide to exhibitions in November, December and January
If you enjoy this then try: Museum of Childhood (catch the tube from Goodge Street to Bethnal Green).