- Oxford Street map location
Oxford Street address
- Oxford Street
How to get to Oxford Street
- Find car parks near Oxford Street
- Find minicab firms near Oxford Street
- 3, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 23, 25, 53, 73, 88, 94, 98, 113, 137, 139, 159
- Bus fares in London
- Bond Street CNT JUB, Oxford Circus BKL CNT VIC
- The nearest train station to Oxford Street is Oxford Circus
- Train fares in London
Oxford Street is one of the Europe’s busiest shopping streets and has some of London’s best shops. It stretches for more than a mile between Charing Cross Road and Hyde Park in the west. It is usually jam-packed with shoppers too, and you’ll be hard-pressed to even cross the road at Christmas.
It is has all the main department stores, including John Lewis, M&S and Selfridges. It also has some big names on the high street, like Next, Top Shop and HMV.
Shops in Oxford Street
Selfridges was built by a Chicago businessman in 1909, and occupies a whole block on Oxford Street.
It is said that Selfridge was responsible for bringing American sales methods to English business – utilizing eye-catching window displays.
- sarahg – “Oxford street is always heaving, and theyve got rid of borders which used to be my favourite shop in London. I think its gone bust. But if you like next, then you'll be happy in oxford street because they've got 3 of them! Why they just cant turn them all into one huge big one I dont know. Because then I could do all my clothes buying in one place without having to walk anywhere else!.… more”
Pubs near Oxford Street · Restaurants near Oxford Street