- London guide
- Garden Museum map
- Garden Museum, Lambeth Palace Road, Lambeth SE1 7LB
- Work 0207 401 8865
Opening times and price
- Opening hours:
- 10.30 AM to 5 PM (Mon-Fri, Sun); 10.30 AM to 4 PM (Sat) Note: The museum is closed the first Monday of every month
- Ticket cost:
- Adults £10.00; Children free entry (under-6); Family ticket £25.00
- Visiting hours and entry charges are subject to change
- Time required:
- A typical visit to Garden Museum lasts 45-60 mins (approx)
Getting to Garden Museum
- Find car parks near Garden Museum
- Find minicab firms near Garden Museum
- 3, 344, 360, 507, C10
- London bus fares
- Lambeth North, Westminster
- London underground fares
The Garden Museum is housed next-door to Lambeth Palace, in the parish church of St. Mary-at-Lambeth – the burial place to Captain Bligh of Mutiny on the Bounty fame.
The courtyard has been turned into a fine 17th-century flower garden, with trees and plants from the Stewart era. The hedges are trimmed in spiralling patterns, with wild roses, daffs and hardy perennials.
The museum displays every kind of gardening tool from the dawn of time – spades, hoes and mowers – along with biographies of famous gardening figures.
- Be the first person to ask a question
Have you seen our list of museum exhibitions in London? You can find exhibitions taking place today, tomorrow and at the weekend. We also have a guide to exhibitions in November, December and January
If you enjoy this then try: Chelsea Physic Garden (catch the tube from Lambeth North to Sloane Square); Royal Botanic Gardens (catch the tube from Lambeth North to Kew Gardens) and Lambeth Palace (you can walk there in less than 1 min).