- London guide
- Harley Street map location
Harley Street address
- Harley Street, Marylebone
How to get to Harley Street
- Find car parks near Harley Street
- Find minicab firms near Harley Street
- 6, 7, 10, 13, 16, 18, 23, 25, 27, 30, 55, 73, 88, 94, 98, 113, 137, 139, 159, 177, 190, 211, 390, 453, C2
- Bus fares in London
- Bond Street CNT JUB, Great Portland Street CRC H&C MET, Regent’s Park BKL
- The nearest train station to Harley Street is Regents Park
- Train fares in London
Harley Street was laid out in 1820 and quickly became a base for medical professionals. Virtually every house in the street is filled with doctor’s clinics, dentists, dermatologists and surgeons. Some 1,500 physicians share space with eight private hospitals.
There was a time, however, when it was more famous for art – Allan Ramsay lived at No. 67, and the great J W Turner once resided at No. 64. The Duke of Wellington even met his wife down the street – Kitty, at No. 11.
- W. E. Gladstone & Sir Charles Lyell– 73 Harley Street
- “In a house on this site lived from 1854–1875 Sir Charles Lyell, geologist and from 1876–1882 W. E. Gladstone, statesman.”
- Florence Nightingale – 90 Harley Street
- “Lived and died in a house on this site.”
If you enjoy this then try: Fitzrovia (you can walk it 10 mins) and Florence Nightingale Museum (catch the tube from Regents Park to Waterloo).