- Carnaby Street map location
Carnaby Street address
- Carnaby Street
How to get to Carnaby Street
- Find car parks near Carnaby Street
- Find minicab firms near Carnaby Street
- 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 23, 25, 55, 73, 88, 94, 98, 139, 159, 176, 390, 453
- Bus fares in London
- Oxford Circus BKL CNT VIC, Piccadilly Circus BKL PCL
- The nearest train station to Carnaby Street is Oxford Circus
- Train fares in London
The Carnaby Street that we know today started life in 1957 when John Stephen opened up a men’s clothing boutique. It soon attracted like-minded businesses, and within a decade the street was full of fashionable shops selling outrageous outfits.
It gained world fame in the Swinging Sixties, when Carnaby Street and led the world in fashion.
|Awful 33% ||Poor 33% ||Okay 0% ||Good 0% ||Great 33% |
- bobby – “I was very disappointed with carnaby street. Maybe it was good once, in the 1960s, but now it is just the same as any other street with the same kind of shops which you would never normally go in. It's nice to take a detour just to see what its like, and to say that you've been there, because its not very far away from oxford street, but its not the kind of place that I would ever go back to.… more”
Pubs near Carnaby Street · Restaurants near Carnaby Street