- London guide
- Borough Market map
- Borough Market, Southwark Street, Southwark SE1 1TL
- Work 0207 407 1002
Opening times and price
- Opening hours:
- 10 AM to 5 PM (Mon-Thu); 10 AM to 6 PM (Fri); 8 AM to 5 PM (Sat); Closed (Sun); Note: The full market only operates between Wed-Sat. Mon-Tue has a reduced number of stalls
- Visiting hours are subject to change
- Time required:
- A typical visit to Borough Market lasts 15 mins (but more if you plan to stop and eat) (approx)
Getting to Borough Market
- Find car parks near Borough Market
- Find minicab firms near Borough Market
- 17, 21, 35, 40, 43, 45, 47, 48, 133, 141, 149, 381, 521, RV1
- London bus fares
- Borough NRN, Cannon Street CRC DSC, London Bridge JUB NRN, Monument CRC DSC
- The nearest train station to Borough Market is London Bridge
- London underground fares
Borough Market may be the oldest fruit and veg market in London, dating back to a map in 1542.
Records from a century later fix its position to what is now Borough High Street, but by 1754 it had become so popular that all the traffic around was getting blocked, so a decision was taken to move it into Stoney Street near Southwark Cathedral.
The food stalls on display are of rather high-quality, and have been lauded by the likes of Jamie Oliver. Many of the stalls have gourmet food to sample, and there are a number of good cafés around if you want something more substantial.
- Guest – “Which tube from angel station to borough market.”
- Admin – “You can get the Northern line to borough.”
If you enjoy this then try: Borough (you can walk it in 7 mins); Leadenhall Market (walk it in 14 mins or catch a train from London Bridge to Bank) and Southwark (you can walk it 10 mins).