- London events
- > Events in London this weekend
Need some inspiration for the weekend? You’ll find all the busiest pubs and clubs and nightlife around Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus and Soho. Leicester Square is the best area for cinemas. The West End is great for theatres and musicals. Maybe you can enjoy a quiet Sunday in an art gallery or museum.
Music, comedy & film
See all music, comedy Find a movie, concert or comedy gig taking place in London this weekend
to • Comedy Store "Have I Got News For You" star Paul Merton will be appearing with the Comedy Store Players at London's Comedy Store. to • Comedy Store Josie Lawrence will be making regular weekly appearances with the Comedy Store Players at London's Comedy Store.
See all theatre shows How about booking one of London’s West End musicals or plays this weekend?
to • Sam Wanamaker Playhouse The Sam Wanamaker Playhouse will be putting on a performance of Shakespeare's 'All's Well That Ends Well'. to • Harold Pinter Theatre Harold Pinter's 'The Birthday Party' is a darkly comic masterpiece about the menace that comes to a sleepy boarding house.
Family & Kid’s events
See all family, kids Here are some events taking place in London this weekend for families and kids
• Alexandra Palace The London Model Engineering Exhibition has everything from model trains and railways, to tanks, trucks, boats and planes. • The Emirates Air Line (Cable Car) This cable car offers fantastic views as it carries you across the Thames from The O2 to the ExCel Centre in five minutes.
Art & Museums
See all art, museums Our guide to the best exhibitions in London on Saturday and Sunday
to • Courtauld Gallery The Courtauld Gallery will be showing some 16th-century drawings by Antoine Caron, created for his patron Catherine de' Medici. • Old Operating Theatre Enjoy a demonstration of 19th-century surgery, held in the confines of the Old Operating Theatre at St. Thomas's Hospital.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious How about trying one of London’s Royal or religious events this weekend?
• Hampton Court Palace Attend a Sunday service in one of the country's most beautiful chapels -- Henry VIII's Chapel Royal at Hampton Court Palace. • Tower of London You can attend a Sunday service at the Chapel Royal in the Tower of London -- one of the most historic churches in the City.
Political & Military
See all political, military Here’s some parades and political events taking place this weekend
• Houses of Parliament Enjoy a Saturday tour of Parliament, and then enjoy a special afternoon tea on the Terrace Pavilion overlooking the Thames. • Houses of Parliament The Houses of Parliament opens guided tours on most Saturdays of the year, when the MPs return to their constituencies.
See all guided tours Try one of these guided walks or sightseeing tours this weekend
• The City If you don't fancy spending 25-30 pounds on a sightseeing bus, then there's a much cheaper alternative... the No.11 bus. • Big Bus Tours This traditional open-top bus tour will take in all the best landmarks and attractions, with a free river cruise and guided walk.
See all classical music Our guide to this weekend’s operas and ballets for fans of classical music
• Barbican Hall Francois-Xavier Roth will be conducting some classical works by Wagner, Lalo, Debussy and Massenet at Barbican Hall. • London Coliseum Enjoy a double-bill of ballets at the London Coliseum, with 'Le Jeune Homme et la Mort' and 'La Sylphide'.
See all free events Save your money this weekend by trying one of these free events in London
to • Buckingham Palace The 'Changing the Guard' ceremony at Buckingham Palace is one of the must-see events for every tourist's itinerary. • Horse Guards The Dismounting Ceremony (or 4 O'Clock Parade) is a short ceremony that takes place every day at the Horse Guards.
Other London events
See all other events Why not try one of these interesting events taking place in London this weekend
• Portobello Road Portobello Road is home to the UK's most famous antiques market, with over 100,000 people browsing hundreds of stalls. • Fortnum & Mason Put on your best clothes and enjoy an elegant Afternoon Tea in the famous Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason. • Trafalgar Square Relive London's history, and ride a 1960s double-decker bus (the ones with a conductor and an open platform at the back).