- London events
- > Events in London this weekend
Need some inspiration for the weekend? You’ll find all the busiest pubs and clubs and nightlife around Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus and Soho. Leicester Square is the best area for cinemas. The West End is great for theatres and musicals. Maybe you can enjoy a quiet Sunday in an art gallery or museum.
Music, comedy & film
See all music, comedy Find a movie, concert or comedy gig taking place in London this weekend
to • Comedy Store "Have I Got News For You" star Paul Merton will be appearing with the Comedy Store Players at London's Comedy Store. to • Comedy Store Josie Lawrence will be making regular weekly appearances with the Comedy Store Players at London's Comedy Store.
See all theatre shows How about booking one of London’s West End musicals or plays this weekend?
to • Sam Wanamaker Playhouse The Sam Wanamaker Playhouse will be putting on a performance of Shakespeare's 'All's Well That Ends Well'. to • Royal Albert Hall Cirque du Soleil is back at the Royal Albert Hall with OVO, a crazy carnival of animals that live beneath our feet.
Family & Kid’s events
See all family, kids Here are some events taking place in London this weekend for families and kids
to • Natural History Museum Re-live the movie 'Night At The Museum' by spending a whole night inside the Natural History Museum! • Hackney Marshes Hackney Marshes is the home of Sunday league football, with over 70 matches played between dozens of amateur teams.
Art & Museums
See all art, museums Our guide to the best exhibitions in London on Saturday and Sunday
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy. to • Tate Modern The Tate Modern will be exploring the career of Amedeo Modigliani, through a comprehensive survey of his works.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious How about trying one of London’s Royal or religious events this weekend?
to • Buckingham Palace The 'Changing the Guard' ceremony at Buckingham Palace is one of the must-see events for every tourist's itinerary. to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace has some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana.
Political & Military
See all political, military Here’s some parades and political events taking place this weekend
• Houses of Parliament Enjoy a Saturday tour of Parliament, and then enjoy a special afternoon tea on the Terrace Pavilion overlooking the Thames. • Houses of Parliament The Houses of Parliament opens guided tours on most Saturdays of the year, when the MPs return to their constituencies.
See all guided tours Try one of these guided walks or sightseeing tours this weekend
• Millennium Bridge This guided walk will take you along a small stretch of the Thames, to look at some of the river's best buildings. • The City This walk will take you around the City, showing you the Guildhall, Mansion House, Bank of England, and Royal Exchange.
See all classical music Our guide to this weekend’s operas and ballets for fans of classical music
• Barbican Hall Francois-Xavier Roth will be conducting some classical works by Wagner, Lalo, Debussy and Massenet at Barbican Hall. to • London Coliseum Enjoy a double-bill of ballets at the London Coliseum, with 'Le Jeune Homme et la Mort' and 'La Sylphide'.
See all free events Save your money this weekend by trying one of these free events in London
to • Serpentine Gallery The Serpentine Gallery will be putting on an exhibition of work by Wade Guyton, called 'Das New Yorker Atelier, Abridged'. to • Museum of Childhood 'A Lifetime in Stories' will explore the work of Michael 'War Horse' Morpurgo, one of the Britain's best-loved authors.
Other London events
See all other events Why not try one of these interesting events taking place in London this weekend
• Spencer House Spencer House is one of the finest 18th-century town houses in London, and opens up for a guided tour every Sunday. • Portobello Road Portobello Road is home to the UK's most famous antiques market, with over 100,000 people browsing hundreds of stalls. • O2 Arena Climb up The O2's roof and enjoy a spectacular 360 degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top.