- London events
- > London outdoor events
- > Great views in London
London’s tallest observation platform is at the top of The Shard (height 244m), followed by the Sky Garden (155m), London Eye (135m), cable car (90m), St. Paul’s (85m), Westminster Cathedral (64m) and The Monument (62m). The tallest hills are Greenwich Hill (132m), Parliament Hill (98m) and Primrose Hill (65m).
Highest observation points
• The Shard Enjoy the stunning views from the top of The Shard -- London's tallest skyscraper -- more than 1000-feet above the city.
• London Eye Every tourist should spend an hour riding the London Eye at the start of their break, as it gives a great overview of the city.
• Sky Garden The Sky Garden is a three-story garden that spans the top three floors of 20 Fenchurch Street (aka the Walkie Scorchie).
• Monument The Monument to the Great Fire of London has a balcony at the top, which gives tourists some decent views of The City.
• Westminster Cathedral Westminster Cathedral's campanile is one of the city's best viewing platforms, rising 210 feet over the streets of Victoria.
• Wellington Arch The balconies on Wellington Arch have views of Constitution Hill, Apsley House and part of Buckingham Palace's gardens.
• Primrose Hill Primrose Hill is a lot higher than it looks, and boasts one of the finest views of the London skyline from anywhere in the city.
• Parliament Hill Enjoy London's skyline from the top of Parliament Hill, which takes in the Gherkin, London Eye, St Paul's and Canary Wharf.
• The Emirates Air Line (Cable Car) This cable car offers fantastic views as it carries you across the Thames from The O2 to the ExCel Centre in five minutes.
• Tate Modern Check out the restaurant and bar at the Tate Modern art gallery, for a great view of St. Paul's Cathedral across the river.
• One New Change One New Change is a shopping centre close to St. Paul's Cathedral, which offers some great views from their roof terrace.
• O2 Arena Climb to the top of the O2 Arena's big tent roof and enjoy a spectacular 360-degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top.