London military events
Parades in London
There are three daily parades in London: the Ceremony of the Keys, Dismounting Ceremony, and Changing the Guard at Horse Guards. The parade at Buckingham Palace is sometimes every other day. Annual parades include the State Opening of Parliament, Trooping the Colour and Remembrance Sunday.
Parades in London this month
• Tower of London The Ceremony of the Keys is over 700 years old, and represents the traditional locking up of the Tower of London at night.
• Horse Guards Changing the Guard at Horse Guards is similar to the ceremony at Buckingham Palace, but is usually a lot less crowded.
• Horse Guards The Dismounting Ceremony (or 4 O'Clock Parade) is a short ceremony that takes place every day at the Horse Guards.
Parades in London in August
to • Notting Hill The Notting Hill Carnival takes place over the August Bank Holiday weekend and is the biggest and busiest street festival in Europe, attracting over a million revellers.
More Parades in London in 2018/19
• The City The Lord Mayor's Show is a spectacular event which includes a river pageant, followed by a procession in a gold coach, and ending with a fireworks display.
• Cenotaph On Remembrance Sunday the Queen, war veterans and politicians, will gather to remember our war dead at The Cenotaph.
• Tower of London The HAC will be firing off a 62-gun salute at the Tower of London, to make sure everyone knows it's Prince Charles' birthday.
• Green Park The KTRHA will be firing a 41-gun salute in Green Park to mark Prince Charles' 69th birthday (happy birthday Charlie!)