- London events
- > London events in January
- > London events on 31st January
This date has already passed
Are you looking for events on 31st January 2019?
Events in London today · Events in London tomorrow · Events in London this weekend
Events in London in February · Events in London in March · Events in London in April
Music, comedy & film
All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Wednesday 31st January
to • Comedy Store Josie Lawrence will be making regular weekly appearances with the Comedy Store Players at London's Comedy Store. • BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK.
Watch a play on Wednesday 31 January, or one of London’s musicals
This event is over
Amadeus - about the life of young Mozart The National Theatre will be putting on a production of 'Amadeus', which tells the story of the young composer Mozart.
to • Sam Wanamaker Playhouse The Sam Wanamaker Playhouse will be putting on a performance of Shakespeare's 'All's Well That Ends Well'.
Family & Kid’s events
Take your kids to London on the 31 January for one of these family events
• Royal Observatory The Royal Observatory's daily "Sky Tonight" show at the Planetarium will show you what will be visible in the sky tonight. • The Emirates Air Line (Cable Car) This cable car offers fantastic views as it carries you across the Thames from The O2 to the ExCel Centre in five minutes.
Art & Museums
Visit an art gallery or museum on Wednesday 31st January and see an exhibition
to • Hayward Gallery The Hayward Gallery will be putting on an exhibition of work by the German photographer Andreas Gursky. to • Courtauld Gallery The Courtauld Gallery will be showing some 16th-century drawings by Antoine Caron, created for his patron Catherine de' Medici.
Royal & Religious
Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 31 January?
• Highgate Cemetery Have a guided tour around Highgate Cemetery, and enjoy one of the most atmospheric and historic cemeteries in London. • St. Paul’s Cathedral If you attend a choral Evensong service at St. Paul's Cathedral, you can wander around and see part of the Cathedral for free.
Political & Military
Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 31 January
• Houses of Parliament You can watch the Prime Minister get grilled by the House of Commons every Wednesday, at Prime Minister's Questions. • Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons.
Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Wednesday 31st January
• See London by Night The 'See London By Night' bus tour will show you London's most famous landmarks beautifully lit up in the night sky. • The City If you don't fancy spending 25-30 pounds on a sightseeing bus, then there's a much cheaper alternative... the No.11 bus.
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium.
There are lots of free events happening in London on the 31 January
• One New Change One New Change is a shopping centre close to St. Paul's Cathedral, which offers some great views from their roof terrace. • Horse Guards The Dismounting Ceremony (or 4 O'Clock Parade) is a short ceremony that takes place every day at the Horse Guards.
Other London events
Don’t forget these other good events in London on Wednesday 31st January
• Globe Theatre Have a tour of William Shakespeare's Globe Theatre on Bankside, and learn what Elizabethan life was like for the world's most famous playwright. • Fortnum & Mason Put on your best clothes and enjoy an elegant Afternoon Tea in the famous Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason. • Bateaux London Bateaux London offers you great cuisine and live entertainment onboard the boat, as it sails serenely down the Thames.