- London events
- > London events in March
- > London events on 8th March
This date has already passed
Are you looking for events on 8th March 2019?
Events in London today · Events in London tomorrow · Events in London this weekend
Events in London in March · Events in London in April · Events in London in May
Music, comedy & film
All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Thursday 8th March
This event is over
Rag N Bone Man - at Alexandra Palace Rag 'N' Bone Man will be coming to Alexandra Palace in March when his 'Grande Reserve Tour' comes to London.
• BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK.
Watch a play on Thursday 8 March, or one of London’s musicals
to • Donmar Warehouse 'The York Realist' tells the story of two men from different classes falling for each other during the rehearsals of a play. This event is over
All Or Nothing - The Mod Musical 'All Or Nothing' tells the story of the Small Faces, one of the bands who grew up in the mod-era of 1965.
Family & Kid’s events
Take your kids to London on the 8 March for one of these family events
• Medieval Banquet Come and enjoy a medieval banquet and be entertained by English knights, singing minstrels and the King Henry VIII himself. • Royal Observatory The Royal Observatory's daily "Sky Tonight" show at the Planetarium will show you what will be visible in the sky tonight.
Art & Museums
Visit an art gallery or museum on Thursday 8th March and see an exhibition
to • Tate Modern 'Love, Fame, Tragedy' will focus on just one year of Picasso's extraordinary career -- the so-called 'Year of Wonders' in 1932. to • National Portrait Gallery See the work of four Victorian photographers: Lewis Carroll, Julia Margaret Cameron, Oscar Rejlander and Clementina Hawarden.
Royal & Religious
Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 8 March?
• Highgate Cemetery Have a guided tour around Highgate Cemetery, and enjoy one of the most atmospheric and historic cemeteries in London. • Westminster Abbey You can enjoy a choral Evensong service at Westminster Abbey for free, which combines a traditional mass with a choir.
Political & Military
Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 8 March
• Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons. • Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass.
Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Thursday 8th March
• BrakeAway Bike Tours Forget the sightseeing buses and jump on your bike... and see the major sights and landmarks of London from your saddle. • See London by Night The 'See London By Night' bus tour will show you London's most famous landmarks beautifully lit up in the night sky.
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
This event is over
Insula Orchestra playing Beethoven and Farrenc The Insula Orchestra will be performing some classical music by Beethoven and Farrenc at Barbican Hall.
This event is over
Benjamin Brittens A Midsummer Nights Dream The London Coliseum will be putting on a production of Benjamin Britten's Shakespearean opera, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'.
There are lots of free events happening in London on the 8 March
to • National Gallery The National Gallery will be re-uniting two self-portraits by Spanish artist Bartolome Esteban Murillo for the first time in 300 years. • One New Change One New Change is a shopping centre close to St. Paul's Cathedral, which offers some great views from their roof terrace.
Other London events
Don’t forget these other good events in London on Thursday 8th March
to • St. James’s Park Have a nice, relaxing sit-down and doing a bit of people-watching in one of London's Royal parks, by hiring out a deckchair. • O2 Arena Climb to the top of the O2 Arena's big tent roof and enjoy a spectacular 360-degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top. • Globe Theatre Have a tour of William Shakespeare's Globe Theatre on Bankside, and learn what Elizabethan life was like for the world's most famous playwright.