- London events
- > London events in November
- > London events on 1st November
See all theatre shows Watch a play on Thursday 1 November, or one of London’s musicals
to • Gielgud Theatre The legendary Broadway musical 'Company' is coming to the West End with some of Stephen Sondheim's best songs. to • Duke of York’s Theatre Hollywood star Ian McKellen will be taking on the role of mad King Lear, in one of William Shakespeare's finest tragedies.
Family & Kid’s events
See all family, kids Take your kids to London on the 1 November for one of these family events
• Medieval Banquet Come and enjoy a medieval banquet and be entertained by English knights, singing minstrels and the King Henry VIII himself. • Royal Observatory The Royal Observatory's daily "Sky Tonight" show at the Planetarium will show you what will be visible in the sky tonight.
Art & Museums
See all art, museums Visit an art gallery or museum on Thursday 1st November and see an exhibition
to • Tate Britain Tate Britain will be putting on a retrospective of work by the last of the Pre-Raphaelites, Sir Edward Coley Burne-Jones. to • Tate Modern The Tate Modern will be putting on a retrospective of work by the influential textile artist, Anni Albers.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 1 November?
• Highgate Cemetery Have a guided tour around Highgate Cemetery, and enjoy one of the most atmospheric and historic cemeteries in London. • Westminster Abbey You can enjoy a choral Evensong service at Westminster Abbey for free, which combines a traditional mass with a choir.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 1 November
• Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons. • Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Thursday 1st November
to • Jason’s Trip Jason's Trip runs a beautiful painted 100-year old canal boat down the Regent's Canal, from Little Venice to Camden Lock. • BrakeAway Bike Tours Forget the sightseeing buses and jump on your bike... and see the major sights and landmarks of London from your saddle.
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• Barbican Hall The London Symphony Orchestra will be performing some classical music by Shostakovich, Kodaly and MacMillan at Barbican Hall.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 1 November
• One New Change One New Change is a shopping centre close to St. Paul's Cathedral, which offers some great views from their roof terrace. • Horse Guards The Dismounting Ceremony (or 4 O'Clock Parade) is a short ceremony that takes place every day at the Horse Guards.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Thursday 1st November
• Fortnum & Mason Put on your best clothes and enjoy an elegant Afternoon Tea in the famous Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason. • Bateaux London Bateaux London offers you great cuisine and live entertainment onboard the boat, as it sails serenely down the Thames. • Tate Modern Check out the restaurant and bar at the Tate Modern art gallery, for a great view of St. Paul's Cathedral across the river.