- London events
- > London events in December
- > London events on 9th December
Watch a play on Sunday 9 December, or one of London’s musicals
to • Cambridge Theatre Roald Dahl's "Matilda" tells the story of a child who rebels against the grown-ups when she discovers her amazing powers.
Family & Kid’s events
See all family, kids Take your kids to London on the 9 December for one of these family events
• Medieval Banquet Come and enjoy a medieval banquet and be entertained by English knights, singing minstrels and the King Henry VIII himself. • Royal Observatory The Royal Observatory's daily "Sky Tonight" show at the Planetarium will show you what will be visible in the sky tonight.
Art & Museums
See all art, museums Visit an art gallery or museum on Sunday 9th December and see an exhibition
to • National Portrait Gallery 'Gainsborough's Family Album' collects together fifty works showing the family life of 18th-century artist Thomas Gainsborough. to • National Gallery The National Gallery will be putting on an exhibition of works by the Italian Renaissance portrait artist, Lorenzo Lotto.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 9 December?
• Hampton Court Palace Attend a Sunday service in one of the country's most beautiful chapels -- Henry VIII's Chapel Royal at Hampton Court Palace. • Tower of London You can attend a Sunday service at the Chapel Royal in the Tower of London -- one of the most historic churches in the City.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 9 December
• Speakers’ Corner If you visit Speakers' Corner at Sunday lunchtime you can listen to an orator stand up and discuss whatever they like -- all in the name of free speech. • Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Sunday 9th December
• BrakeAway Bike Tours Forget the sightseeing buses and jump on your bike... and see the major sights and landmarks of London from your saddle. • See London by Night The 'See London By Night' bus tour will show you London's most famous landmarks beautifully lit up in the night sky.
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• St. Paul’s Cathedral Every Sunday St Paul's Cathedral invites one of the world's finest organists to play on the Grand Organ for half-an-hour.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 9 December
• One New Change One New Change is a shopping centre close to St. Paul's Cathedral, which offers some great views from their roof terrace. • Horse Guards The Dismounting Ceremony (or 4 O'Clock Parade) is a short ceremony that takes place every day at the Horse Guards.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Sunday 9th December
• Lord’s Enjoy a Christmas Afternoon Tea in the historic Long Room at Lord's, surrounded by paintings of the game's greatest players. • Fortnum & Mason Put on your best clothes and enjoy an elegant Afternoon Tea in the famous Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason. • Bateaux London Bateaux London offers you great cuisine and live entertainment onboard the boat, as it sails serenely down the Thames.