- London events
- > London events in December
- > London events on 9th December
Music, comedy & film
All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Sunday 9th December
• BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK.
Watch a play on Sunday 9 December, or one of London’s musicals
to • Cambridge Theatre Roald Dahl's "Matilda" tells the story of a child who rebels against the grown-ups when she discovers her amazing powers.
Family & Kid’s events
See all family, kids Take your kids to London on the 9 December for one of these family events
• Medieval Banquet Come and enjoy a medieval banquet and be entertained by English knights, singing minstrels and the King Henry VIII himself. • Royal Observatory The Royal Observatory's daily "Sky Tonight" show at the Planetarium will show you what will be visible in the sky tonight.
Art & Museums
See all art, museums Visit an art gallery or museum on Sunday 9th December and see an exhibition
to • National Portrait Gallery 'Gainsborough's Family Album' collects together fifty works showing the family life of 18th-century artist Thomas Gainsborough. to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Shadows of War' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery reveals the futility of war through Roger Fenton's photographs of the Crimean War.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 9 December?
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Royalty & The Romanovs' exhibition will explore some of the events and works of art that passed between British and Russian Royal families. • Hampton Court Palace Attend a Sunday service in one of the country's most beautiful chapels -- Henry VIII's Chapel Royal at Hampton Court Palace.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 9 December
• Speakers’ Corner If you visit Speakers' Corner at Sunday lunchtime you can listen to an orator stand up and discuss whatever they like -- all in the name of free speech. • Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Sunday 9th December
• BrakeAway Bike Tours Forget the sightseeing buses and jump on your bike... and see the major sights and landmarks of London from your saddle. • See London by Night The 'See London By Night' bus tour will show you London's most famous landmarks beautifully lit up in the night sky.
See all classical music How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• St. Paul’s Cathedral Every Sunday St Paul's Cathedral invites one of the world's finest organists to play on the Grand Organ for half-an-hour. • Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 9 December
• Tower of London You can attend a Sunday service at the Chapel Royal in the Tower of London -- one of the most historic churches in the City. • One New Change One New Change is a shopping centre close to St. Paul's Cathedral, which offers some great views from their roof terrace.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Sunday 9th December
• Lord’s Enjoy a Christmas Afternoon Tea in the historic Long Room at Lord's, surrounded by paintings of the game's greatest players. • O2 Arena Climb to the top of the O2 Arena's big tent roof and enjoy a spectacular 360-degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top. • Spencer House Spencer House is one of the finest 18th-century town houses in London, and opens up for a guided tour every Sunday.