- London events
- > London events in January
- > London events on 20th January
This date has already passed
Are you looking for events on 20th January 2019?
Events in London today · Events in London tomorrow · Events in London this weekend
Events in London in February · Events in London in March · Events in London in April
Music, comedy & film
All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Saturday 20th January
This event is over
Content Provider - with Stewart Lee Stewart Lee is back at the Leicester Square Theatre with another run of his 'Content Provider' shows.
• BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK.
Watch a play on Saturday 20 January, or one of London’s musicals
to • Sam Wanamaker Playhouse The Sam Wanamaker Playhouse will be putting on a performance of Shakespeare's 'All's Well That Ends Well'. to • Harold Pinter Theatre Harold Pinter's 'The Birthday Party' is a darkly comic masterpiece about the menace that comes to a sleepy boarding house.
Family & Kid’s events
Take your kids to London on the 20 January for one of these family events
This event is over
London Model Engineering Exhibition The London Model Engineering Exhibition has everything from model trains and railways, to tanks, trucks, boats and planes.
• Royal Observatory The Royal Observatory's daily "Sky Tonight" show at the Planetarium will show you what will be visible in the sky tonight.
Art & Museums
Visit an art gallery or museum on Saturday 20th January and see an exhibition
to • Courtauld Gallery The Courtauld Gallery will be showing some 16th-century drawings by Antoine Caron, created for his patron Catherine de' Medici. • Old Operating Theatre Enjoy a demonstration of 19th-century surgery, held in the confines of the Old Operating Theatre at St. Thomas's Hospital.
Royal & Religious
Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 20 January?
• Highgate Cemetery Have a guided tour around Highgate Cemetery, and enjoy one of the most atmospheric and historic cemeteries in London. • Westminster Abbey You can enjoy a choral Evensong service at Westminster Abbey for free, which combines a traditional mass with a choir.
Political & Military
Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 20 January
• Houses of Parliament Enjoy a Saturday tour of Parliament, and then enjoy a special afternoon tea on the Terrace Pavilion overlooking the Thames. • Houses of Parliament The Houses of Parliament opens guided tours on most Saturdays of the year, when the MPs return to their constituencies.
Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Saturday 20th January
• See London by Night The 'See London By Night' bus tour will show you London's most famous landmarks beautifully lit up in the night sky. • The City If you don't fancy spending 25-30 pounds on a sightseeing bus, then there's a much cheaper alternative... the No.11 bus.
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
This event is over
Le Jeune Homme et la Mort, and La Sylphide Enjoy a double-bill of ballets at the London Coliseum, with 'Le Jeune Homme et la Mort' and 'La Sylphide'.
• Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium.
There are lots of free events happening in London on the 20 January
• One New Change One New Change is a shopping centre close to St. Paul's Cathedral, which offers some great views from their roof terrace. • Horse Guards The Dismounting Ceremony (or 4 O'Clock Parade) is a short ceremony that takes place every day at the Horse Guards.
Other London events
Don’t forget these other good events in London on Saturday 20th January
• Portobello Road Portobello Road is home to the UK's most famous antiques market, with over 100,000 people browsing hundreds of stalls. • Fortnum & Mason Put on your best clothes and enjoy an elegant Afternoon Tea in the famous Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason. • Bateaux London Bateaux London offers you great cuisine and live entertainment onboard the boat, as it sails serenely down the Thames.