- London events
- > London events in March
- > London events on 5th March
This date has already passed
Are you looking for events on 5th March 2019?
Events in London today · Events in London tomorrow · Events in London this weekend
Events in London in March · Events in London in April · Events in London in May
Music, comedy & film
All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Monday 5th March
This event is over
Bon Iver - eight nights at the Eventim Apollo Bon Iver are coming to London for a run of eight nights at the Eventim Apollo to support their latest album, '22 A Million'.
• BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK.
Watch a play on Monday 5 March, or one of London’s musicals
to • Donmar Warehouse 'The York Realist' tells the story of two men from different classes falling for each other during the rehearsals of a play. to • Duke of York’s Theatre Juliet Stevenson and Lia Williams will decide who will be playing the role of Elizabeth I and Mary Stuart by the toss of a coin.
Family & Kid’s events
Take your kids to London on the 5 March for one of these family events
• Royal Observatory The Royal Observatory's daily "Sky Tonight" show at the Planetarium will show you what will be visible in the sky tonight. • Chelsea FC, Stamford Bridge Walk in the footsteps of your Chelsea heroes on a guided tour of Stamford Bridge and the Chelsea Museum.
Art & Museums
Visit an art gallery or museum on Monday 5th March and see an exhibition
to • National Portrait Gallery See the work of four Victorian photographers: Lewis Carroll, Julia Margaret Cameron, Oscar Rejlander and Clementina Hawarden. to • Tate Britain 'All To Human: A Century Of Painting Life' will include works by the likes of Lucian Freud and Francis Bacon.
Royal & Religious
Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 5 March?
to • Buckingham Palace The 'Changing the Guard' ceremony at Buckingham Palace is one of the must-see events for every tourist's itinerary. • Highgate Cemetery Have a guided tour around Highgate Cemetery, and enjoy one of the most atmospheric and historic cemeteries in London.
Political & Military
Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 5 March
• Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons. • Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass.
Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Monday 5th March
• BrakeAway Bike Tours Forget the sightseeing buses and jump on your bike... and see the major sights and landmarks of London from your saddle. • See London by Night The 'See London By Night' bus tour will show you London's most famous landmarks beautifully lit up in the night sky.
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
to • St. Martin-in-the-Fields St Martin-in-the-Fields in Trafalgar Square usually puts on a free classical music recitals a couple of times each week. • Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium.
There are lots of free events happening in London on the 5 March
to • National Gallery The National Gallery will be re-uniting two self-portraits by Spanish artist Bartolome Esteban Murillo for the first time in 300 years. • One New Change One New Change is a shopping centre close to St. Paul's Cathedral, which offers some great views from their roof terrace.
Other London events
Don’t forget these other good events in London on Monday 5th March
• The Magic Circle Discover the history of magic at The Magic Circle Experience, which takes place at the Magic Circle's own headquarters. to • St. James’s Park Have a nice, relaxing sit-down and doing a bit of people-watching in one of London's Royal parks, by hiring out a deckchair. • O2 Arena Climb to the top of the O2 Arena's big tent roof and enjoy a spectacular 360-degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top.