- London events
- > London events in April
- > London events on 30th April
Need some inspiration for 30th April?Big Ben omniously broke down on this day in 1997 – the night before Tony Blair’s election victory. When was the last time you did some sightseeing in Parliament Square? Why not spend a morning taking pictures of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, Downing St and Horse Guards.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Music, comedy & film
See all music, comedy All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Monday 30th April
• The Forum Eden (aka The Eden Project) is touring his debut album 'Vertigo' and playing one night at the O2 Forum Kentish Town in April. • BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK.
See all theatre shows Watch a play on Monday 30 April, or one of London’s musicals
to • London Coliseum The London Coliseum is reviving the legendary West End musical Chess, written by Benny Andersson, Bjorn Ulvaeus and Tim Rice. to • Duke of York’s Theatre 'The Moderate Soprano' tells of John Christie's attempt to build an Opera House in Sussex, to glorify the music of Wagner.
Family & Kid’s events
See all family, kids Take your kids to London on the 30 April for one of these family events
to • Serpentine Spend a pleasant afternoon pedalling around in a little hire boat on the Serpentine, or catch the sun-powered SolarShuttle. • Royal Observatory The Royal Observatory's daily "Sky Tonight" show at the Planetarium will show you what will be visible in the sky tonight.
Art & Museums
See all art, museums Visit an art gallery or museum on Monday 30th April and see an exhibition
to • British Library The British Library will be putting on an exhibition of maps, artworks and journals from the voyages of Captain James Cook. to • British Museum This British Museum exhibition will show how the French sculpture Rodin was inspired by the Parthenon sculptures (Elgin marbles).
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 30 April?
• Highgate Cemetery Have a guided tour around Highgate Cemetery, and enjoy one of the most atmospheric and historic cemeteries in London. • Westminster Abbey You can enjoy a choral Evensong service at Westminster Abbey for free, which combines a traditional mass with a choir.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 30 April
• Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons. • Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Monday 30th April
to • Jason’s Trip Jason's Trip runs a beautiful painted 100-year old canal boat down the Regent's Canal, from Little Venice to Camden Lock. • BrakeAway Bike Tours Forget the sightseeing buses and jump on your bike... and see the major sights and landmarks of London from your saddle.
See all classical music How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
to • St. Martin-in-the-Fields St Martin-in-the-Fields in Trafalgar Square usually puts on a free classical music recitals a couple of times each week. • Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 30 April
to • National Gallery The National Gallery will be putting on an exhibition about 'Still Life', examining its legacy and its importance as a source of inspiration.
to • National Gallery The National Gallery will be re-uniting two self-portraits by Spanish artist Bartolome Esteban Murillo for the first time in 300 years.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Monday 30th April
• Lord’s Enjoy a few innings of cricket when Middlesex take on Glamorgan in a County Championship game at Lord's. to • St. James’s Park Have a nice, relaxing sit-down and doing a bit of people-watching in one of London's Royal parks, by hiring out a deckchair. • O2 Arena Climb to the top of the O2 Arena's big tent roof and enjoy a spectacular 360-degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top.