- London events
- > London events in October
- > London events on 29th October
Music, comedy & film
All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Monday 29th October
• BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK.
See all theatre shows Watch a play on Monday 29 October, or one of London’s musicals
to • Gielgud Theatre The legendary Broadway musical 'Company' is coming to the West End with some of Stephen Sondheim's best songs. to • Shaftesbury Theatre Relive the Motown years and Berry Gordy's journey as he launches the careers of Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye and more!
Family & Kid’s events
See all family, kids Take your kids to London on the 29 October for one of these family events
to • Serpentine Spend a pleasant afternoon pedalling around in a little hire boat on the Serpentine, or catch the sun-powered SolarShuttle. • Royal Observatory The Royal Observatory's daily "Sky Tonight" show at the Planetarium will show you what will be visible in the sky tonight.
Art & Museums
See all art, museums Visit an art gallery or museum on Monday 29th October and see an exhibition
to • Tate Britain Tate Britain will be putting on a retrospective of work by the last of the Pre-Raphaelites, Sir Edward Coley Burne-Jones. to • Tate Modern The Tate Modern will be putting on a retrospective of work by the influential textile artist, Anni Albers.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 29 October?
• Highgate Cemetery Have a guided tour around Highgate Cemetery, and enjoy one of the most atmospheric and historic cemeteries in London. • Westminster Abbey You can enjoy a choral Evensong service at Westminster Abbey for free, which combines a traditional mass with a choir.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 29 October
• Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons. • Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Monday 29th October
to • Jason’s Trip Jason's Trip runs a beautiful painted 100-year old canal boat down the Regent's Canal, from Little Venice to Camden Lock. • BrakeAway Bike Tours Forget the sightseeing buses and jump on your bike... and see the major sights and landmarks of London from your saddle.
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 29 October
• One New Change One New Change is a shopping centre close to St. Paul's Cathedral, which offers some great views from their roof terrace. • Horse Guards The Dismounting Ceremony (or 4 O'Clock Parade) is a short ceremony that takes place every day at the Horse Guards.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Monday 29th October
to • St. James’s Park Have a nice, relaxing sit-down and doing a bit of people-watching in one of London's Royal parks, by hiring out a deckchair. • O2 Arena Climb to the top of the O2 Arena's big tent roof and enjoy a spectacular 360-degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top. • Globe Theatre Have a tour of William Shakespeare's Globe Theatre on Bankside, and learn what Elizabethan life was like for the world's most famous playwright.