- London events
- > London events in May
- > London events on 14th May
Need some inspiration for 14th May? The British Legion was created by Earl Haig on this day in 1921, so why not go to a war museum? Everyone knows the Imperial War Museum, but the National Army Museum and Guards’ Museum are worth a try. There are some good naval exhibits onboard HMS Belfast as well.
Music, comedy & film
See all music, comedy All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Monday 14th May
• Comedy Store Imran Yusuf is one of the quickest comedians around, with an act that's full of gags, satire and hard-hitting commentary. • BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK.
See all theatre shows Watch a play on Monday 14 May, or one of London’s musicals
to • Globe Theatre The Globe Theatre will be putting on a short-run of William Shakespeare's 'The Merchant of Venice' for just three nights in May. to • London Coliseum The London Coliseum is reviving the legendary West End musical Chess, written by Benny Andersson, Bjorn Ulvaeus and Tim Rice.
Family & Kid’s events
See all family, kids Take your kids to London on the 14 May for one of these family events
to • Serpentine Spend a pleasant afternoon pedalling around in a little hire boat on the Serpentine, or catch the sun-powered SolarShuttle. • Royal Observatory The Royal Observatory's daily "Sky Tonight" show at the Planetarium will show you what will be visible in the sky tonight.
Art & Museums
See all art, museums Visit an art gallery or museum on Monday 14th May and see an exhibition
to • Courtauld Gallery The Courtauld Gallery's new exhibition shows scenes of famous artists at work, and depictions of their busy artist studios. to • Tate Modern 'Into The Light' will explore how photographers helped to develop abstract art alongside famous painters like Jackson Pollock.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 14 May?
• Highgate Cemetery Have a guided tour around Highgate Cemetery, and enjoy one of the most atmospheric and historic cemeteries in London. • Westminster Abbey You can enjoy a choral Evensong service at Westminster Abbey for free, which combines a traditional mass with a choir.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 14 May
• Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons. • Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Monday 14th May
to • Jason’s Trip Jason's Trip runs a beautiful painted 100-year old canal boat down the Regent's Canal, from Little Venice to Camden Lock. • BrakeAway Bike Tours Forget the sightseeing buses and jump on your bike... and see the major sights and landmarks of London from your saddle.
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• Royal Albert Hall This guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall will take you inside one of the balcony boxes for a fantastic view of the auditorium.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 14 May
to • National Gallery The National Gallery will be putting on an exhibition about 'Still Life', examining its legacy and its importance as a source of inspiration.
to • Tower Bridge Here is a list of the scheduled lift times for Tower Bridge, so you can see the roadway open and close and grab a photo.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Monday 14th May
• Lord’s Enjoy a few innings of cricket when Middlesex take on Gloucestershire in a County Championship game at Lord's. to • St. James’s Park Have a nice, relaxing sit-down and doing a bit of people-watching in one of London's Royal parks, by hiring out a deckchair. • O2 Arena Climb to the top of the O2 Arena's big tent roof and enjoy a spectacular 360-degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top.