- London events
- > London events in December
- > London events on 7th December
See all theatre shows Watch a play on Friday 7 December, or one of London’s musicals
to • Gielgud Theatre The legendary Broadway musical 'Company' is coming to the West End with some of Stephen Sondheim's best songs. to • Shaftesbury Theatre Relive the Motown years and Berry Gordy's journey as he launches the careers of Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye and more!
Family & Kid’s events
See all family, kids Take your kids to London on the 7 December for one of these family events
• Medieval Banquet Come and enjoy a medieval banquet and be entertained by English knights, singing minstrels and the King Henry VIII himself. • Royal Observatory The Royal Observatory's daily "Sky Tonight" show at the Planetarium will show you what will be visible in the sky tonight.
Art & Museums
See all art, museums Visit an art gallery or museum on Friday 7th December and see an exhibition
to • National Portrait Gallery 'Gainsborough's Family Album' collects together fifty works showing the family life of 18th-century artist Thomas Gainsborough. to • National Gallery The National Gallery will be putting on an exhibition of works by the Italian Renaissance portrait artist, Lorenzo Lotto.
Royal & Religious
See all royal, religious Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 7 December?
• Highgate Cemetery Have a guided tour around Highgate Cemetery, and enjoy one of the most atmospheric and historic cemeteries in London. • Westminster Abbey You can enjoy a choral Evensong service at Westminster Abbey for free, which combines a traditional mass with a choir.
Political & Military
See all political, military Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 7 December
• Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons. • Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass.
See all guided tours Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Friday 7th December
• BrakeAway Bike Tours Forget the sightseeing buses and jump on your bike... and see the major sights and landmarks of London from your saddle. • See London by Night The 'See London By Night' bus tour will show you London's most famous landmarks beautifully lit up in the night sky.
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
• Barbican Hall The BBC Symphony Orchestra will be performing some works by Shostakovich, Richard Strauss and Alban Berg at Barbican Hall.
See all free events There are lots of free events happening in London on the 7 December
• National Portrait Gallery Enjoy a free drop-in drawing session at the National Portrait Gallery, amongst some of the gallery's great works of art. • One New Change One New Change is a shopping centre close to St. Paul's Cathedral, which offers some great views from their roof terrace.
Other London events
See all other events Don’t forget these other good events in London on Friday 7th December
• Fortnum & Mason Put on your best clothes and enjoy an elegant Afternoon Tea in the famous Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason. • Bateaux London Bateaux London offers you great cuisine and live entertainment onboard the boat, as it sails serenely down the Thames. • Tate Modern Check out the restaurant and bar at the Tate Modern art gallery, for a great view of St. Paul's Cathedral across the river.