- London events
- > London events in March
- > London events on 16th March
This date has already passed
Are you looking for events on 16th March 2019?
Events in London today · Events in London tomorrow · Events in London this weekend
Events in London in March · Events in London in April · Events in London in May
Music, comedy & film
All the music concerts and comedy gigs in London on Friday 16th March
• BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK. • Harry Potter Studio Tour Explore the magical world of Harry Potter at Warner Bros Studios, and see some of the props and sets from the movies.
Watch a play on Friday 16 March, or one of London’s musicals
to • Sam Wanamaker Playhouse Enjoy a theatrical version of Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons', with a quintet of musicians and Gyre & Gimble's master puppeteers. to • Donmar Warehouse 'The York Realist' tells the story of two men from different classes falling for each other during the rehearsals of a play.
Family & Kid’s events
Take your kids to London on the 16 March for one of these family events
• Medieval Banquet Come and enjoy a medieval banquet and be entertained by English knights, singing minstrels and the King Henry VIII himself. • Royal Observatory The Royal Observatory's daily "Sky Tonight" show at the Planetarium will show you what will be visible in the sky tonight.
Art & Museums
Visit an art gallery or museum on Friday 16th March and see an exhibition
This event is over
Queens in Art - with historian Alison Weir Join the historical biographer and novelist Alison Weir at the National Gallery, for a talk about how Queens have been depicted in art.
to • National Portrait Gallery The National Portrait Gallery will be showing an exhibition of Tacita Dean's portraiture, created primarily through the use of film.
Royal & Religious
Why not try one of these religious services or Royal events on 16 March?
to • Buckingham Palace The 'Changing the Guard' ceremony at Buckingham Palace is one of the must-see events for every tourist's itinerary. • Highgate Cemetery Have a guided tour around Highgate Cemetery, and enjoy one of the most atmospheric and historic cemeteries in London.
Political & Military
Parades are always popular with tourists – here’s some on the 16 March
• Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons. • Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass.
Sightseeing buses, boat tours and guided walks on Friday 16th March
• BrakeAway Bike Tours Forget the sightseeing buses and jump on your bike... and see the major sights and landmarks of London from your saddle. • See London by Night The 'See London By Night' bus tour will show you London's most famous landmarks beautifully lit up in the night sky.
How about watching an opera, ballet, or listening to some classical music?
This event is over
SWR Symphony Orchestra Stuttgart, playing Beethoven The SWR Symphony Orchestra Stuttgart will be playing a selection of classical works by Beethoven at Cadogan Hall.
to • London Coliseum 'La Traviata' is one of Giuseppe Verdi's best-loved operas, and tells the story of a doomed love affair between Violetta and Alfredo.
There are lots of free events happening in London on the 16 March
to • National Gallery The National Gallery will be putting on an exhibition about 'Still Life', examining its legacy and its importance as a source of inspiration.
to • St. Martin-in-the-Fields St Martin-in-the-Fields in Trafalgar Square usually puts on a free classical music recitals a couple of times each week.
Other London events
Don’t forget these other good events in London on Friday 16th March
to • St. James’s Park Have a nice, relaxing sit-down and doing a bit of people-watching in one of London's Royal parks, by hiring out a deckchair. • O2 Arena Climb to the top of the O2 Arena's big tent roof and enjoy a spectacular 360-degree view of the London skyline from the viewing platform at the top. • Globe Theatre Have a tour of William Shakespeare's Globe Theatre on Bankside, and learn what Elizabethan life was like for the world's most famous playwright.