- London events
- > London kids events
Here’s our guide to the best children’s events in London. We’ve also put together some family-friendly 1-day itineraries and 2-day itineraries to help you plan your day out. Our list of children’s attractions and Top 10 list of the best children’s attractions should help you decide which ones to visit as well.
Children’s events this month
Here are some great family days out in April for children of all ages
to • Lyceum Theatre Based on the Oscar-winning Disney movie, "The Lion King" tells the story of Simba and his adventures in the jungle.
to • Cambridge Theatre Roald Dahl's "Matilda" tells the story of a child who rebels against the grown-ups when she discovers her amazing powers.
• The Shard Enjoy the stunning views from the top of The Shard -- London's tallest skyscraper -- more than 1000-feet above the city.
to • Palace Theatre Palace Theatre has snapped up the rights to "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" -- a brand-new story by JK Rowling.
• Madame Tussauds Rub shoulders with the stars at Madame Tussauds, where you'll meet Royalty and have your photo taken with the Queen.
• Harry Potter Studio Tour Explore the magical world of Harry Potter at Warner Bros Studios, and see some of the props and sets from the movies.
• London Eye Every tourist should spend an hour riding the London Eye at the start of their break, as it gives a great overview of the city.
• Namco Funscape The Namco Centre has has three floors of arcade games, bowling lanes, bumper-cars, pool tables, sports TV and a bar.
• Battersea Park Children’s Zoo Battersea Park Children's Zoo is a good place to visit for families with young kids, with plenty of small animals and birds.
• Hackney Marshes Hackney Marshes is the home of Sunday league football, with over 70 matches played between dozens of amateur teams.
• Wembley Stadium Join a Wembley Stadium Tour and see the changing rooms, the pitch, and climb up to the Royal Box and lift the FA Cup.
• BFI IMAX Cinema Go and watch a 3D-movie at the BFI IMAX with state-of-the-art surround sound, and the largest cinema screen in the UK.
• Arsenal FC, Emirates Stadium Walk in the footsteps of your Arsenal heroes on a guided tour of the Emirates Stadium, the pitch, and the Arsenal Museum.
• The Emirates Air Line (Cable Car) This cable car offers fantastic views as it carries you across the Thames from The O2 to the ExCel Centre in five minutes.
• Chelsea FC, Stamford Bridge Walk in the footsteps of your Chelsea heroes on a guided tour of Stamford Bridge and the Chelsea Museum.
• Royal Observatory The Royal Observatory's daily "Sky Tonight" show at the Planetarium will show you what will be visible in the sky tonight.
• Medieval Banquet Come and enjoy a medieval banquet and be entertained by English knights, singing minstrels and the King Henry VIII himself.
to • Serpentine Spend a pleasant afternoon pedalling around in a little hire boat on the Serpentine, or catch the sun-powered SolarShuttle.
to • Royal Albert Hall The Royal Albert Hall will be screening 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets' alongside a live performance of the score.
Children’s events in May
Here are some ideas if you’re planning to take your kids to London this May
• SSE Arena Wembley The world famous Harlem Globetrotters are back in London to show off their basketball skills at the SSE Arena.
to • Hampton Court Palace 'Horrible Histories' will be bringing the Gorgeous Georgians and Vile Victorians to life in the grounds of Hampton Court Palace.
Children’s events in August
Here are a few fun ideas if you’re trying to entertain some children in August
to • Hackney Empire Get yourself down to the magical world of Teletubbyland and meet Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Po in a kid's show full of fun and laughter.
More Children’s events in 2018/19
Here are some events if you’re planning to visit London with your kids in the future
to • Alexandra Palace The MCN Ally Pally Show will have an indoor motorcycle sprint between celebrity riders on classic race bikes.
to • Hackney Empire Come with Aladdin to the mystical world of Hackney, as he rubs a magic lamp and gets granted three wishes from a purple genie.
to • Eventim Apollo The smash-hit 'Nativity' movies have now been turned into a comedy musical, fun for all the family this Christmas.