- London events
- > London christmas events
From the Christmas lights down Oxford Street and Regent Street, the Xmas market at Covent Garden, the Santa’s Grotto at Harrods and Hamleys, to the Christmas pantos, ice rinks and big tree in Trafalgar Square, there’s always something magical happening in London during December.
More Christmas events in 2018/19
It’s never too early to start planning for next Christmas
to • Hackney Empire Come with Aladdin to the mystical world of Hackney, as he rubs a magic lamp and gets granted three wishes from a purple genie.
• Lord’s Enjoy a Christmas Afternoon Tea in the historic Long Room at Lord's, surrounded by paintings of the game's greatest players.
• Cadogan Hall 'Carols by Candlelight' will include your favourite Christmas carols performed in a candlelit setting and full 18th-century costume.
• Cadogan Hall The Christmas Cracker concert at Cadogan Hall is a festive favourite, full of seasonal songs and carols by the Royal Philharmonic.
to • Eventim Apollo The smash-hit 'Nativity' movies have now been turned into a comedy musical, fun for all the family this Christmas.
• Barbican Hall Join the London Concert Orchestra and City of London Choir for an evening of Christmas classics at Barbican Hall.
• Barbican Hall Enjoy some festive favourites and singalong Christmas carols with the London Concert Orchestra and London Philharmonic Choir.
• Barbican Hall Join the London Concert Orchestra and Jingle Bell Dancers for some Christmas golden oldies and modern favourites at the Barbican.
• Barbican Hall Enjoy some 'Carols by Candlelight' at Barbican Hall and see the Mozart Festival Orchestra perform in full 18th-century costume.
• Serpentine The annual Peter Pan Cup swimming race has been held on the Serpentine lake every Christmas morning since 1864.