- London events
- > London royal events
Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle and the Tower of London are all must-see sights for fans of British Royal history, closely followed by Kensington Palace and Henry VIII’s Hampton Court. You might like to try Clarence House and Banqueting House as well – or how about one of London’s daily parades?
Royal events this month
Here’s our pick of the best Royal Family-related events in London this April
• Somerset House The "Old Palaces Tour" at Somerset House will teach you a little bit about three of England's Stuart Dynasty queens.
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy.
• Windsor Castle Visit the State Rooms at Windsor Castle, the world's oldest inhabited castle, and the Royal Family's home for over 1000 years.
to • Buckingham Palace Enjoy a glass of champagne and a tour of the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace, in the company of an expert guide.
Royal events in May
Here are some Royal-related events if you’re visiting London during May
to • Hampton Court Palace 'Horrible Histories' will be bringing the Gorgeous Georgians and Vile Victorians to life in the grounds of Hampton Court Palace.
to • Horse Guards Beating Retreat is a magnificent pageant of military music and drill by the Massed Bands of the Royal Marines on Horse Guards Parade.
Royal events in June
Immerse yourself in London’s rich history with one of these Royal events
• Tower of London The HAC will be firing a 62-gun salute by the Tower of London, to mark the anniversary of the Queen's Coronation in 1953.
• Green Park The King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery will be firing a 41-gun salute to mark the 64th anniversary of the Queen's Coronation.
to • Horse Guards Beating Retreat is a floodlit pageant of military music and drill on Horse Guards Parade, ending with a salute to the Queen.
• Banqueting House This is a pub quiz with a difference, because it will take place under Rubens' famous painted ceiling at Banqueting House.
• Horse Guards Watch a parade of soldiers and bands marching down The Mall in 'Trooping the Colour', to celebrate the Queen's birthday.
• Tower of London The HAC will be firing off a 62-gun salute by Gun Wharf at the Tower of London, to honour Prince Philip's 96th birthday.
• Hyde Park The KTRHA will be firing a 41-gun salute for Prince Philip in Hyde Park, to mark the Duke of Edinburgh's 96th birthday.
Royal events in July
Here are some July events related to Britain’s kings and queens
to • Buckingham Palace Step inside Buckingham Palace and see the State Rooms, lavishly decorated with treasures from the Royal Collection.
to • Buckingham Palace Why not combine a visit to the Buckingham Palace Summer Opening with a tour of the Queen's gardens as well?
Royal events in August
Explore some British history this August with one of these Royal-related events
to • Clarence House Have a tour around Clarence House, home to Prince Charles and Camilla, which used to be home to the Queen Mother.
to • Clarence House Enjoy a guided tour around Prince Charles and Camilla's Clarence House, and be treated to a glass of champagne at the end.
More Royal events in 2018/19
Here are some more Royal events in London, for people who like to plan ahead
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Royalty & The Romanovs' exhibition will explore some of the events and works of art that passed between British and Russian Royal families.
• Cenotaph On Remembrance Sunday the Queen, war veterans and politicians, will gather to remember our war dead at The Cenotaph.
• Tower of London The HAC will be firing off a 62-gun salute at the Tower of London, to make sure everyone knows it's Prince Charles' birthday.
• Green Park The KTRHA will be firing a 41-gun salute in Green Park to mark Prince Charles' 69th birthday (happy birthday Charlie!)