- London events
- > London royal events
Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle and the Tower of London are all must-see sights for fans of British Royal history, closely followed by Kensington Palace and Henry VIII’s Hampton Court. You might like to try Clarence House and Banqueting House as well – or how about one of London’s daily parades?
Royal events this month
Here’s our pick of the best Royal Family-related events in London this February
• Somerset House The "Old Palaces Tour" at Somerset House will teach you a little bit about three of England's Stuart Dynasty queens.
to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace has some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana.
to • Queen’s Gallery The 'Art & Power' exhibition at the Queen's Gallery will explore how Charles II used art to glorify his restored monarchy.
• Windsor Castle Visit the State Rooms at Windsor Castle, the world's oldest inhabited castle, and the Royal Family's home for over 1000 years.
to • Buckingham Palace The 'Changing the Guard' ceremony at Buckingham Palace is one of the must-see events for every tourist's itinerary.
Royal events in March
Here are some Royal-related events if you’re visiting London during March
• National Gallery Join the historical biographer and novelist Alison Weir at the National Gallery, for a talk about how Queens have been depicted in art.
to • Buckingham Palace Enjoy a glass of champagne and a tour of the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace, in the company of an expert guide.
Royal events in June
Explore some British history this June with one of these Royal-related events
to • Horse Guards Beating Retreat is a floodlit pageant of military music and drill on Horse Guards Parade, ending with a salute to the Queen.
• Banqueting House This is a pub quiz with a difference, because it will take place under Rubens' famous painted ceiling at Banqueting House.
• Horse Guards Watch a parade of soldiers and bands marching down The Mall in 'Trooping the Colour', to celebrate the Queen's birthday.
More Royal events in 2018/19
Here are some more Royal events in London, for people who like to plan ahead
to • Buckingham Palace Step inside Buckingham Palace and see the State Rooms, lavishly decorated with treasures from the Royal Collection.
to • Buckingham Palace Why not combine a visit to the Buckingham Palace Summer Opening with a tour of the Queen's gardens as well?
to • Clarence House Have a tour around Clarence House, home to Prince Charles and Camilla, which used to be home to the Queen Mother.
to • Clarence House Enjoy a guided tour around Prince Charles and Camilla's Clarence House, and be treated to a glass of champagne at the end.
• Cenotaph On Remembrance Sunday the Queen, war veterans and politicians, will gather to remember our war dead at The Cenotaph.