London religious events
Visiting St. Paul’s Cathedral and Westminster Abbey should be at the top of every tourist’s itinerary, but don’t forget Westminster Cathedral, Southwark Cathedral and Brompton Oratory. Here’s a list of London’s best churches. You might like to visit the wild and atmospheric Highgate Cemetery as well.
Religious events this month
You don’t have to be religious to enjoy one of London’s religious events in July
• St. Paul’s Cathedral If you attend a choral Evensong service at St. Paul's Cathedral, you can wander around and see part of the Cathedral for free.
• Westminster Abbey You can enjoy a choral Evensong service at Westminster Abbey for free, which combines a traditional mass with a choir.
• Highgate Cemetery Have a guided tour around Highgate Cemetery, and enjoy one of the most atmospheric and historic cemeteries in London.
• St. Paul’s Cathedral Every Sunday St Paul's Cathedral invites one of the world's finest organists to play on the Grand Organ for half-an-hour.
• Tower of London You can attend a Sunday service at the Chapel Royal in the Tower of London -- one of the most historic churches in the City.
• Hampton Court Palace Attend a Sunday service in one of the country's most beautiful chapels -- Henry VIII's Chapel Royal at Hampton Court Palace.