- London events
- > London political events
Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament should be at the top of every tourist’s itinerary, and don’t miss the famous front door at No.10 Downing Street – if you get lucky then you might even catch a quick glimpse of the Prime Minister. The historic medieval Guildhall and historic Mansion House are worth a look as well.
Political events this month
Things to see in May if you’re visiting London and you’re interested in politics
• Houses of Parliament The Houses of Parliament opens guided tours on most Saturdays of the year, when the MPs return to their constituencies.
• Houses of Parliament Enjoy a Saturday tour of Parliament, and then enjoy a special afternoon tea on the Terrace Pavilion overlooking the Thames.
• Speakers’ Corner If you visit Speakers' Corner at Sunday lunchtime you can listen to an orator stand up and discuss whatever they like -- all in the name of free speech.
• Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons.
• Houses of Parliament You can watch the Prime Minister get grilled by the House of Commons every Wednesday, at Prime Minister's Questions.
to • City Hall The London Assembly will be grilling Sadiq Khan at Mayor's Question Time, in their monthly meeting at City Hall.
More Political events in 2018/19
If you’re coming to London in the future then here are some more events
• The City The Lord Mayor's Show is a spectacular event which includes a river pageant, followed by a procession in a gold coach, and ending with a fireworks display.