- London events
- > London museum exhibitions
London has some of the best free museums in the UK. The British Museum are V&A are both world-class. The Natural History Museum and Science Museum are great for kids, and the Imperial War Museum and National Army Museum are good for military enthusiasts. Here’s our complete list of museums in London.
Museum exhibitions this month
Here’s a guide to the best museum exhibitions taking place in London this February
• Sir John Soane’s Museum On the first Tuesday of each month they open Sir John Soane's Museum in the evening, bathed in atmospheric candlelight.
to • Kensington Palace The 'Her Fashion Story' exhibition at Kensington Palace has some of the most famous dresses worn by Princess Diana.
to • Natural History Museum The Natural History Museum's new exhibition is called 'Beneath The Surface', all about the evolution of whales and dolphins.
to • Museum of Childhood 'A Lifetime in Stories' will explore the work of Michael 'War Horse' Morpurgo, one of the Britain's best-loved authors.
to • V&A 'Passion, Power and Politics' explores the history of opera from its origins in late-Renaissance Italy, right up to the present day.
to • British Library Listen to '140 Years of Recorded Sound' at the British Library, as they explore how sound and radio has transformed our society.
to • British Library Celebrate the 20th anniversary of Harry Potter by delving into the history of magic and old folklores at the British Library.
to • British Museum The British Museum's 'Living With Gods' exhibition will explore the role of gods and religion in early human civilisations.
• Churchill War Rooms Enjoy a private tour of the Churchill War Rooms, and experience Winston Churchill's wartime bunker from behind the glass.
• Old Operating Theatre Enjoy a demonstration of 19th-century surgery, held in the confines of the Old Operating Theatre at St. Thomas's Hospital.
Museum exhibitions starting in March
Here are some of the best exhibitions in London during the month of March
• British Museum Enjoy an evening of mindfulness and meditation inside the Great Court at the British Museum, as well as some live music and discussion.
to • Alexandra Palace The London Festival of Railway Modelling will have everything from working layouts and exhibitors selling paint and trains.
Museum exhibitions starting in April
Here are some upcoming exhibitions in London’s museums this April
to • Bank of England Museum Take your kids on to the Easter Eggs-travaganza at the Bank of England Museum, and hunt for a free chocolate egg.
to • British Museum This British Museum exhibition will show how the French sculpture Rodin was inspired by the Parthenon sculptures (Elgin marbles).
to • British Library The British Library will be putting on an exhibition of maps, artworks and journals from the voyages of Captain James Cook.
Museum exhibitions starting in May
Interesting museum exhibitions that are opening during the month of May
• Bank of England Museum Spend an evening at the Bank of England Museum, when they take part in the London-wide 'Museums at Night' event.
Museum exhibitions starting in June
Some future exhibitions if you’re planning to visit London’s museums in June
to • National Portrait Gallery The National Portrait Gallery will be exploring Michael Jackson's influence on contemporary art in an exhibition called 'On The Wall'.