- London events
- > London talks
The National Theatre, British Library and Victoria & Albert Museum put on a lot of talks. Actors and directors do them at BFI Southbank (the old National Film Theatre). Big book shops like Waterstones, Hatchards and Foyles have a lot of author talks and book signings.
Talks this month
Here’s our pick of the best talks, debates and interviews in London during April
• Speakers’ Corner If you visit Speakers' Corner at Sunday lunchtime you can listen to an orator stand up and discuss whatever they like -- all in the name of free speech.
• Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons.
• Houses of Parliament You can watch the Prime Minister get grilled by the House of Commons every Wednesday, at Prime Minister's Questions.
to • City Hall The London Assembly will be grilling Sadiq Khan at Mayor's Question Time, in their monthly meeting at City Hall.
Talks in May
Here are some celebrity talks and interviews being held in London this May
• Duchess Theatre Katie Piper will be talking about her life and giving some advice about how she overcame the tough times and remained positive.
Talks in June
If you’re visiting London in June you might like to listen to one of these talks
• Duchess Theatre Cricket commentator Henry Blofeld is leaving Test Match Special behind and sharing some of his best stories on a farewell tour.
Talks in July
There are some more interesting interviews being held during the month of July
to • Cadogan Hall American satirist David Sedaris, the star of Radio 4's 'Meet David Sedaris', is coming to London in July for two nights at Cadogan Hall.
More Talks in 2018/19
You might like to plan ahead and book a ticket for one of these upcoming talks
• Eventim Apollo Don't miss this chance to hear the ex-Manchester Untited footballer Eric Cantona open up about his career on and off the pitch.