- London events
- > London talks
The National Theatre, British Library and Victoria & Albert Museum put on a lot of talks. Actors and directors do them at BFI Southbank (the old National Film Theatre). Big book shops like Waterstones, Hatchards and Foyles have a lot of author talks and book signings.
Talks this month
Here’s our pick of the best talks, debates and interviews in London during February
• Speakers’ Corner If you visit Speakers' Corner at Sunday lunchtime you can listen to an orator stand up and discuss whatever they like -- all in the name of free speech.
• Houses of Parliament Visitors can enter the Houses of Parliament for free, and watch MPs debating in the House of Lords and House of Commons.
• Houses of Parliament You can watch the Prime Minister get grilled by the House of Commons every Wednesday, at Prime Minister's Questions.
to • City Hall The London Assembly will be grilling Sadiq Khan at Mayor's Question Time, in their monthly meeting at City Hall.
• National Portrait Gallery Historical biographer and novelist Alison Weir will be giving a talk about our England's medieval queens at the National Portrait Gallery.
• Greenwich Theatre TV historian Dan Cruickshank will be talking about the 100 most important and beautiful buildings in world architecture.
Talks in March
Here are some celebrity talks and interviews being held in London this March
• British Library Labour peer and human rights campaigner Shami Chakrabarti will be talking about gender equality at the British Library.
• National Gallery Join the historical biographer and novelist Alison Weir at the National Gallery, for a talk about how Queens have been depicted in art.
Talks in May
There are some more interesting interviews being held during the month of May
• Duchess Theatre Katie Piper will be talking about her life and giving some advice about how she overcame the tough times and remained positive.
Talks in June
Here are a few more celebrity talks that might be worth attending in June
• Duchess Theatre Cricket commentator Henry Blofeld is leaving Test Match Special behind and sharing some of his best stories on a farewell tour.
More Talks in 2018/19
You might like to plan ahead and book a ticket for one of these upcoming talks
to • Cadogan Hall American satirist David Sedaris, the star of Radio 4's 'Meet David Sedaris', is coming to London in July for two nights at Cadogan Hall.
• Eventim Apollo Don't miss this chance to hear the ex-Manchester Untited footballer Eric Cantona open up about his career on and off the pitch.